Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
DavidCopherfield
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry's trackpad and buttons won't work correctly

Hello,

Dear blackberry owners, I'm in a rush in order to fix my phone, this is the issue:

I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 and my carrier is Tigo Colombia (milicom colombia) mi O.S. seems to be the latest (7.1  package 1913) and the only "aditional" app I have is ColorID.

Some times I can't use the buttons of my blackberry correctly, including the trackpad, the BBM button (on the left side) the camera button (right side) sleep/wake button, or any button at all. This happens from time to time but started from nothing, it didn't fall or anything, it just started happening. My blackberry has 2 months top and I bought it brand new neither SOFT or HARD resets fix the problem and my trackpad works sometimes if I press the left side shift at the same time that I use the trackpad, I know my trackpad and everything is working because I have tested it and even without pressing shift my trackpad works on menus (the ones that display right when you press the blackberry button) and other internal menus (such as recent activity on the bbm app)

I have tested everything (including OS reinstalling) and it didn't work, some times from nothing it starts working but then breaks again...

I would love some help with the issue

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry's trackpad and buttons won't work correctly

Hi DavidCopherfield

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From what you described it seems you tried everything ,But still I prefer you should try reloading your OS cleanly ,Once OS is Installed use a selective restore like restore only your Contacts ,Calander entries, notes  etc. don't install any application even this Colour ID application for a day to see if that helps.But before all do a complete Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software. Look at this Knowledge Base on how to perform a Clean reload of our device software for windows :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
DavidCopherfield
My Device: Curve 9320

Hello again!

Well, I did as you suggested and it turns out that it didn't work. :smileysad: I have no idea what to do now.

Any help is thankfully accepted

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi DavidCopherfield

So even after reloading your device software those keys are not working !  As you device is just two month old so I think  the best option will be to contact your Carrier or Service provider and ask for replacement or repair.

Prince