Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Vanessaxx
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: rogers

Blackberry trackpad defective

My blackberry curve 9300 has been deemed defective by my service provier, so i went in and they sent it out for repair. this was on the 27th and i tracked my phones package and it arrived this morning at 10am to the company that will fix it (flextronics-RIM) how long will this take? and will i have my phone back before the 9th of january?

how long do trackpads usually take to be fixed?

the reason for repair is that every time i tried to scroll it would go all funky and go up if i wanted to go down ( id scroll down stop, and it would scroll back up by itself) same as when i wanted to go left or right.

please help

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry trackpad defective

Shouldn't take that long for a trackpad issue.  Best bet is to contact flextronics-RIM and get an update since it was received.  They may end up sending you another device, but thats my best guess.

why would you say they might send me another device?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Its my best guess.  Either they will repair it or send a replacement.  It depends on how bad the damage or defect is.

My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: 3

Hi, I have the same problem with mine it scrolls upwards and to the left so if im writing a text its all back to front or portions of the text are added to whatever was written above ,have been on to Blackberry and advised to remove battery and replace to reset, also 3 who are my provider and they said to do a complete reset which wiped a lot of my numbers off, still no joy so have phoned shop i bought it from and they say bring it back and we will decide what to do, which will mean it going away for ages i suppose which is a pain but hopefully it will be cured

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vanessaxx

bumping this up
Please use plain text.