Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
johnsondubula
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

Blackberry won't turn on and red light just blinks

i am using a bleckberry 8520 curve, and the new vesion of the destop mananger (7.1). my Blackberry won't turn on and red light just blinks,

When i connect it to the computer it does not show that  a blackberry  was connected and the blackberry software  doesn't find it, instead it contunues with the blinking

can you please tell me how to solve this problem, with a step by step solution on where to click and when, please.

thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevanuscolonne
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Blackberry won't turn on and red light just blinks

Hi johnsondubula,

You should try this:
1. Connect your blackberry to your computer through usb cable
2. If you are using windows 32bit open app loader.exe from "C:\program files\commonfiles\research in motion\app loader\" or if your using windows 64bit open app loader.exe from "C:\program files(86x)\commonfiles\research in motion\app loader\"
3. When app loader open, click next and then connect, your blackberry should stop blinking & start to boot normally. Then close the app loader, let your blackberry boot until it start normally.

Let me know if it works & please click solve and like.
If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
Please use plain text.