Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
benny694
My Device: Curve 8900

Blackbery Curve 8900 wont turn on, solid red light only!!! HELP PLEASE???!!!!

Yesterday my Blackberry shut itself off randomly. So straight away i put it on charge, but after about 10 mins nothing came up, only a solid red light indicator in the top right corner of the phone. I have tried EVERYTHING i can find online and nothing seems to be working :'( it only shows red light when on and off charge, my computer wont detect the device and when connected to the pc the solid red light shows up.. but then goes off after about 10 mins!! :smileysad: my Blackberry is only about 6 months old? Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me a solution? :smileysad: i would really appreciate your help :smileyhappy: thank you.

New Contributor
mandxoxo
My Device: smartphone curve

Re: Blackbery Curve 8900 wont turn on, solid red light only!!! HELP PLEASE???!!!!

hi i have the exact same problem but my blackberry is only 1 month old if that, it was working fine and then the battery went flat on it last night i have had it on charge all morning and nothing at all no LED lights and also my laptop is not recognising it when its plugged in, did u manage to get any soloutions?????

New Contributor
benny694

Re: Blackbery Curve 8900 wont turn on, solid red light only!!! HELP PLEASE???!!!!

No i still havent been able to find any solutions :smileysad: but what i did do was take the battery out the phone then re-inserted it so a solid red light came on, then immediatley plugged it into the charger and after 5 mins the light went off the about another 5 mins later an white screen came on with a picture of a battery with a blue lightning bolt through it? then another 5 mins later the screen went blank again. i assume that my battery is dead?? i have ordered a new battery replacement and it should be here tommorow. i will keep you updated :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
benny694

My new battery came today. I put the battery in the phone and unfortunatly no luck.. :smileysad: it still has only a solid red light on in the corner and will not be detected by desktop manager, blackberry app loader, JL_CMDER or BBSAK :smileysad: what is the problem?!! :smileysad: someone PLEASE help me!! :smileysad: Thank you

New Contributor
lizflintoft
My Device: pearl 8120

Did you ever get this sorted I think I have the same problem :smileysad:

New Contributor
benny694

UPDATE : I think i have found the problem with my phone... unfortunatley i have the worst case scenario.. :smileysad: my micro usb has broken for some unknown reason and at the same time my phones OS has corrupted :smileysad: im going to replace the broken micro usb port and then wipe the phone and re-install the OS :smileyhappy: hope this helps?! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Avivit1
My Device: curve 8900

I have the same problem since 5 minutes!!

I was updating the blackberry appstore. It said i had to reboot, and since then my phone doesn't go on anymore1!! The screen stays black the whole time and sometimes a red light flashes..

what to do??!

New Contributor
Avivit1
My Device: curve 8900

It already works. I just got the battery out and in again and now it works

:smileyhappy:

gemmabaker3
My Device: curve 8520

just 5 minutes ago i turned of my phone and a solid red light came on, ive tried a battery pull, i put the battery back in and the red light came back on, my hone will not charge, can someone help me????? ive had my phone for about 4 months my mum will kill me if its broken, please help me! i must add that i turned it off because it said my battery was too low for radio use, somebody PLESE help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Contributor
sec6cgay
My Device: blackberry curve 8310

I also got the same problem, could anyone make any recommendation on what I can do< i have tried all of the above, replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Col...