Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Cure 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

Blank response in MMS from other Carriers

I can send MMS and receive them from various carriers. However, when I send an MMS to another carrier (Verizon seems to be the issue as of now) and the other person responds to the MMS it comes back to me blank. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know if this is just a glitch or something that has always happened? This has been going on since October and no one can seem to give me a straight answer.....

Thank you!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blank response in MMS from other Carriers

Are you sending to Verizon from other than Verizon and getting a "blank" MMS when the Verizon customer replies?  What MMS one carrier will sen/receive to/from another carrier is in part based upon reciprocity agreements.  Basically carrier "A" tells carrier "B" I will accept MMS without restriction if YOU do the same.  Verizon has buried within their FAQ a chart of the carriers and MMS limitations and/or restrictions.

Is this one Verizon contact or all?  Some individuals do not have other than an SMS capability based upon their account options/limitations.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
New Contributor

I have Sprint and I seem to have issues recieving MMS replies from Verizon carriers. For example, I (with sprint) sent my sister (verizon) a picture. She replied but the response was blank. I'm not sure if there are issues with carriers other than Verizon since most of my friends have Verizon or Sprint.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: 8350i for Nextel

I'm on Sprint/Nextel and my nephew is on Verizon. We have not had any issues so far.

It could be something with the model of the Verizon phone.

New Contributor

Hmmmm Maybe that's the issue. So far it has been 2 different phones from Verizon.

Thanks for the reply :-)