Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Christellepetit
My Device: Curve 8520

Bloc notes

HELP, I ve accidently deleted a memo from my bloc notes, all the notes I took for the book I am writting are gone, please help me to restore my notes.

Christelle

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Bloc notes

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Contrary to full size computers, BBs have very limited storage space. As such, they have no "trash" or "recycle" bins from which to retrieve deleted things. Once deleted on a BB, gone forever from the BB.

If, between the time you last edited that note and the time you deleted it, you conducted one of the FREE backup methods that RIM provides, then you would have that as a source of restore...and if you need instructions as to how to recover from a backup source, just ask and we'll gladly point you in the right direction.

But, if you did not avail yourself of any of those FREE data protection methods, then you have migrated from the latter to the former in this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will.

Backups, quite simply, are neither a reactive nor an optional process. The BB itself is a mere commodity...but, as you know, the data on it is priceless. Fortunately, RIM provides multiple FREE methods by which to protect that data, but only the end user can truly control if they choose to use them or not.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Christellepetit
My Device: Curve 8520

Please give me the instructions as to how to recover from a back up source. Christellepetit
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, as I said, there are multiple possible methods...not knowing which you used, you leave me no choice but to provide you instructions for all of them.

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

• KB25063 How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.