Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

boozle1231
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Block Calls?

Is there a way to block calls from a particular number on the 8320?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naomehh
My Device: curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Block Calls?

download iblocker lite, in the app store. it's free.

Please use plain text.
Packages
My Device: Blackberry Tourch
My Carrier: AT&T

My second phone is a blackberry curve and it is not on the data plan.  How can I block a specific number from calling that phone?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Call Blocking Without Using an Added Software Download:

I have been getting solicitation calls on my phone. I get everything from credit card schemes, to telling me that my Hotmail account and computer has been compromised.

I realize there are some apps for this. When looking at many of the call blocking apps, none of them seemed to be without some type of con. To me, some looked a bit complicated to set up properly. I did some research and found a work around that works for me. I tried this on both a 9800 and 9900 phone.

To Set Up Your Own Call Blocking

In the Contacts do the following:

Go in to the Edit mode and create a new listing.
In the Title line put the name BLOCKED in capital letters.
In the First Name line put the name you want to call this entry to be blocked.
In the Last Name line put in brackets (Muted).
In the Work line put the phone number exactly how it appeared in the call display listing.

This type of entry must be customized for the ring and the message section to pretain only to the added phone number.

Scroll down to Phone and click on it.
Set Volume to Silent or Off
Set LED to Off
Set Vibration to Off
Set Vibrate with Ring Tone to Off
Press Esc and Save

Scroll to Messages and click on it.
Do exactly the same as above for the Phone section.
Press Esc and Save

Press the Blackberry Menu key and save your new entries.

For an enhancement to this. Go to Google Search and click on Image. Do a search for Call Blocking. Download your favorite picture and save it to your SD card in the phone. I downloaded mine on my PC and transferred it to the phone`s SD card. This works out to be the same result. If you don`t like what you see, you can use the picture of your X or whatever...

Go back to the Contacts and search for BLOCKED. All the entries titled BLOCKED will show. Select the first one to start with. In each of them you can add the new downloaded Call Block symbol as the associated picture.

When the Scammer or undesired caller calls, the phone will ignore the call if everything was done and works correctly. The only way you will see the caller has called is in the phone`s logs. This would be expected. Having the symbol showing with the entry makes it easier to quickly spot, and it also gives a nice flare to the look of the entry.

Remember that if a someone is calling and there is no phone number showing it cannot be blocked in any case. If you make an entry with no phone number, then any of your friends who are using call blocking will also be blocked.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.