Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

You
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Block calls from certain numbers

Hi Smiley Happy

I have this person pestering me and wondered if there was a way to get all calls from a certain number blocked?

Thank you Smiley Happy 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Block calls from certain numbers

Your carrier might be able to do it. I am not aware of anything on a BB that does that...at least not native. One never knows what clever 3rd party apps might be developed in this world! Anyway, here's the official KB on the matter:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14636&slic...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Two apps:

BlackandWhite List

http://www.i-softwarelabs.com/black_white_list.html

iCallManager

http://www.i-softwarelabs.com/icml.html

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Developer

T-Mobile USA is NOT able to block the phone numbers. There is the only way that I'm using - I'm storing these phone numbers, then assign the custom phone ring to Mute. Maximum that they can do is to leave a voice message. But since my delay is set to 30 seconds, it's not a very big risk.
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

In response to jsanders post

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-reviews/95574-berryreview-iberry-blackberry-blacklist-whitelist-...

hope this helps you

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I thought Black&white list is great app, but it is really too expensive. I know there are some apps which is as great as are much cheaper. Myself is using Simtak call filter. you can google it and give it a try. It is only $4.99

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t mobile

Hello!! i need help, I need to block a specific person, or caller to keep calling and sending txt ms,

please help!!!!!!!

i have a curve 8520

thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

michelleodette wrote:

Hello!! i need help, I need to block a specific person, or caller to keep calling and sending txt ms,

please help!!!!!!!

i have a curve 8520

thanks

Hello,

Please see all the posts in this thread...there are a number of solutions offered. Please report back what, of those, works for you or does not work for you -- with details please.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Not true.  I have the family management added on and you can block up to 10 numbers on your T Mobile page  Smiley Happy  Works like a charm

Doug

www.facebook.com/dwjantz
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

I found a great way to block calls on a Blackberry phone.

Add the number to block to the address list. In the prompt for Phone, set the ring volume to 0 or silent. Set the LED indicator to off, and set all other responses to silent or off.

In the name of the sender, use the name you believe it is to be so you have some reference to it.  In brackets after the name put (MUTED).  In the title of the name use BLOCKED.  This way, when you do the search for BLOCKED, the names under this title will come up as a group.  :-)

This takes a bit of work to do, but the calls will be ignored with this type of setup. When installing a software to do this, I am under the impression the software does something like this. 

I originally got this suggestion from a Blackberry user who works for the phone company.  I tried it and so-far it works great.

If the number is unknown this will be an issue because I would not want to block all unknown numbers in case it is a lagitimate blocked number that is calling me. 

Jerry G.