Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Alfresco
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blocking by Spam Assassin

Emails to me have recently been bouncing back and after some research, I've learnt that it is only emails sent from Blackberry's that are being bounced by with the message that they have been blocked by Spam Assassin.

Does anyone know why this has just started happenning and what I can do to correct it. (p.s. I do not send Spam and neither do my friends!!)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blocking by Spam Assassin

Hello...apologies for the delay...hopefully you already have this sorted, but just in case!

From what you describe, your email service (whatever that is) may be using SPAM Assassin for overall SPAM management, and for some reason it has identified emails it receives from BBs to be SPAM. You need to contact your email service administrator to look into and resolve this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.