Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

czeller2
My Device: Curve 8520

Blue water damage indicators: What does this mean?

Hi,

I know that if the water damage indicators are pink or red, this means the Blackberry is water damaged, but what if they're blue?

On my Curve 8520, the square indicator and the battery indicator are white, but the two round indicators are blue.

I bought it 6 days ago at BestBuy and it has never been exposed to any moisture at all.

Thanks,

C

xoelizabethox

Re: Blue water damage indicators: What does this mean?

Hi, did you ever find out what the blue means? I have no idea and this phone is acting up. I've had it for a month now. I checked other Blackberry Curve 8520s and none of their circles are blue. Thanks!

SoCalBB

My 8520 has one square white sticker next to a blue round sricker.  These are not the battery indicators, but are on the unit itself.

My "A" button is sticking and I checked to see if the phone had been damaged by moisture, although, I had not exposed the phone to moisture, and saw the blue sticker.  Just called tech at AT&T regarding blue sticker.  They have no idea what blue means.  But, they confirmed that red is the color that indicates moisture. 

AT&T confirmed that I am eligable for full replacement under manufacturers warrenty.  Blue sticker did not void warrenty, which is why most people would be concerned about the moisture indicators. 

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Hiya!

Thats the only sticker you need to worry about.
*Note: It may be located somewhere else depending on carrier, but it would look the same*

Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

jamiepanter123
My Device: curve 8520

those blue indicators are not water dammage indicators they are warrenty stickers over 2 screws, if they are broken it means then phone has been dissmantled by someone in the past