Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Configuration Question

My question is regarding Bluetooth Headset configuration on a Blackberry device.  I have the Blackberry Curve 8310.  I have an automobile that has a Bluetooth system to be used for hands free communication.  Additionally I have a Plantronics Bluetooth device that I use on my ear.  The problem is when I am using the Bluetooth device on my ear and I enter my automobile and turn it on the vehicle’s device tries to connect to the Blackberry causing my call to be interrupted.  I have tried configuring the Blackberry a number of ways.  For example, I have configured the Blackberry to not accept connections from the automobile, I have changed it to “Not Trusted” and still when the automobile tries to connect to my phone it interrupts the phone call.  I am wondering if there is something I can do so that when the Blackberry is connected to one particular device it will not accept connections from any other device and more importantly not interrupt my phone calls.