Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Sync/Tethering

Hello,

I have a 8320 and I am having issues syncing and tethering via bluetooth.  Syncing via USB works fine...  I am running desktop manager 4.6.  I have updated from 4.5 earlier and had the same roblem with both versions.  What is strange is that my 8320 can connect to my two laptops (two seperate laptops, both Vista) as the desktop manager correctly reports my BB Pin when connected.  However selecting 'sync' in desktop manager gets me a: "Failed to connect to device.  Please make sure device is properly connected and try again."; then the connection dropes entirley.

The obvious problem I have is with the bluetooth drivers; aparently there are two of them.  I can not find them, and thus I can not install them.  I get the twin prompts to install bluetooth drivers each time the systems boot.  Anyone know where to get these drivers so I can fix this problem??

Thanks!   

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Bluetooth Sync/Tethering

the Desktop Manager can be used with Bluetooth. But it will only work if you use the legit Microsoft Bluetooth drivers and not the drivers from a third party.
The Microsoft Bluetooth drivers are buldled in the Windows XP Service Pack 2. You can manually install them again once for all by refering to the knowledge base on microsoft.com :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: