Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
chet_nalewajek
My Device: Curve 9360

Bluetooth Trouble

[ Edited ]

I am having trouble connecting/syncing my Blackberry 9360 with the desktop software. After I select my phone from the list of devices an attempt is made to install all the needed drivers. 2 of 3 install automatically. The 3rd is 'not found'. I would imagine this is the problem. So far I have researched and attempted every possible fix I could find on the Internet, including manually selecting drivers as directed. Without this driver the desktop program does NOT SEE my device. Even so, I AM connected with my computer via bluetooth. I can force files to be be sent and/or received between my phone and computer but would really like the automatic ability to have everything synced without the need to plug in a cable. Does anyone know of a solution?.

Contributor
chet_nalewajek

Re: Bluetooth Trouble

Ooops. I meant without the driver the desktop software does NOT SEE my phone, yet I am able to send/receive files manually with my computer.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I don't know what you've tried so far.

Take a look here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB04761&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&d...

Thanks for your reply Wolf359. Unfortunately your link takes me to a page which addresses USB driver issues. My problem is with the bluetooth driver. Once my phone is 'discovered' from the desktop program (or even the device screen or bluetooth screen ...) windows attempts to install the needed drivers. All but one succeeds. In device manager a 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' shows up under 'other devices' with an exclamtion mark in a yellow triangle indicating a problem. I have tried to use windows update, the troubleshooter, and other online suggestions to manually configure a driver with no luck. I have installed the latest desktop program, updated my device software and more. The problem appears to be a Windows 7 problem and I have found posts in this very forum dating back years which seem to be still unresolved. I hope I can find a solution somehow somewhere to not only help myself but the others who have posted similar issues.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Gotcha:

What about these steps?

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/01/blackberry-bluetooth/

[ Edited ]

Thanks again Wolf. I came across that very web page 2 days ago and although it demonstrates how to setup bluetooth with Windows XP the process is very similar to Windows 7. After I follow those steps I then get the message 'driver not found' and my phone shows up in device manager as an 'other device' with the missing driver noted. After that page I came across these pages:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-peripheral-device-driv...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Cleanly-quot-Starting-Over-quot-with-...

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/how-to-fix-bluetooth-peripheral-missing-driver-blackberry-windows-7/

This last page seems to have the right idea but the solution still did not work. With that I hope someone else has found a working solution.

nb. note that that last page dates back to 2009!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Interesting.  To help narrow it down, can you try this on another computer that has Bluetooth capability?  If it works there, then something going on with your computer and its driver database.