Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maura_p
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tim. Italia

Bluetooth connection

I have a lot of trouble with the bluetooth connection. It's impossible to connect the smartphone with the tablet PlayBook. Probably it's a matter of OS (5.0.0.1036).

Any idea how to solve this issue? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bluetooth connection

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please describe, in complete detail, exactly the steps you attempt, exactly the result of each step you expect, and exactly the result of each step you witness. "It's impossible to connect" is too sparse on detail to provide any good guesswork for you...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maura_p

When you switch on the bluetooth of the smartphone and PlayBook they recognise themselves but there is no connection.

To be precise, the very  first connection went well but after first time I have disconnected the devices I was not able to make it again. 

The technical support from blackberry suggested to make an hardware reset and in fact it was successful but again after the disconnection, the two devices were not able to “see” each other. 

The only way to use the bluetooth connection is to make an hardware reset. Somebody told me it could be a operation system defect of the smartphone.  I have have installed the latest version but no way to solve the issue. 

I hope I was clear in my explanation. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, while not quite step-by-step (e.g., on SmartPhone, Homescreen > Manage Connections > Bluetooth > etc...and on PB Homescreen > Top-right Gear > Bluetooth > etc.), I think I get it. Except that I can't tell if you did this connection via the Bridge (which would then be a completely different set of steps than I e.g.'d there) or via other means.

Also, "there is no connection" -- exactly what screen, on which device, are you looking at that tells you that fact? And, how again exactly did you do that "very first connection" -- via Bridge? Via BT configuration screens? Somewhere else?

You see, that's why I asked for step-by-step...so that I could understand how you were doing what you are doing. Also, that's why I asked for exact and complete results..."there is no connection" doesn't tell me where, or on which device, you are seeing that fact. I'm trying to follow along, but I can't quite figure out exactly how you are doing these steps.

Anyway, I guess what I would suggest is, on both devices, get them to "forget" each other completely as far as BT and Bridge are concerned. Then, use the Bridge pairing method to enable their communication and see if that works any better.

They should auto-connect anytime they are in range of each other, so you might also have to check the BT configuration on each and ensure that each fully "Trusts" the other and allows auto-connections (within the BT settings).

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maura_p

First of all I want to say that I'm Italian and I'm trying to explain my trouble in a foreign language. Also devices are in Italian and therefore my explanation could not be so accurate. 

Anyway I will try again. Hope you will understand,.

On the "very first " connection I was able to make the two devices talking to each other but when I had to switch off the PlayBook (at the end of the job ). When I have switched on the morning after, I was not able to use the bb bridge, no more.

1) open the bluetooth connection on both devices. on the PlayBook I have "no device connected" . the bluetooth logo is "white"

2) in the setup/options (bluetooth configuration screen ) of the device I can see the smartphone connected but there are "No. Services available".

3) on the smartphone I have a similar situation. Bluetooth is ON and the PlayBook is under the devices available but no bb bridge connection.

4) on both devices the 'trust' option is active 

Question : what is exactly the "pairing method "?

In any case there is no auto-connection when both bluetooth are On.

I'm quite annoyed about this issue since all of my friends are using the bb bridge (but not with the8520).

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...now I understand that you are having to try and use English, which is not your primary language. But, your English is far better than my Italian, I can assure you! Indeed, it is a true failing IMHO that Americans are so limited in their language skills. I felt very proud when I learned how to count to 8 in Mandarin a couple of years ago! But, I digress!

OK...so what I surmise from those steps is that you had them connected and working fine, but something stopped working, and they no longer were communicating...no auto-reconnect between them Further, I surmise that you were using the Bridge configuration methodology to pair the two devices with each other (e.g., launch the Bridge app on the PB, and get it to display the QR code, then launch the Bridge app on the BB, and scan that code.)

BTW -- that's what I was talking about re:smileytongue:airing Method...using the Bridge method to pair the two devices to each other is very different than "normal" BlueTooth connectivity.

So, I recommend again what I said before...cause both devices to fully "forget" each other (e.g., remove them from their Bridge apps, remove them from their BT configurations, etc.) and start over completely, using again the Bridge Pairing Method. Maybe something didn't quite go right and perhaps doing it over again could cure it.

Also, make sure that both devices are fully updated...the PB to 2.0.1.358 and your BB to whatever is the most current (as per the official download portal):

Further, make sure that the Bridge App is updated on your BBh...AppWorld should facilitate that updating, if needed. To be sure, I know mine are on the most recent, and they are thus:

• BB SmartPhone Bridge App: 2.0.0.35

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.