Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Cateecinglis
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth not working, activating but not connecting

My blackberry 8310, when I turn on the bluetooth it finds my other devices (macbook and Samsung mobile ) but when I try and send to send files to my blacberry from these devices it keeps coming up, connection failed.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?  Does anyone have any ideas.

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
StPeteMark
My Device: Alltel Curve 8330

Re: Bluetooth not working, activating but not connecting

Make sure that after your phone finds the other Bluetooth devices, you install each on your phone using a passcode key which is provided in the other device's documentation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vasant10
My Device: 8310 curve

[ Edited ]

hi, i have even entered the passkey code in both the mobiles...and its getting paired successfully. But am unable to transfer files,photos  to any mobile.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Transferring a file from your PC ( or other BT enabled device) to your BB is not "passive" once paired.  You have to go into the appropriate program and from the program's menu select Receive using Bluetooth.

So if you are transferring mobile to mobile...pair them

Sending unit "Send using Bluetooth"

Receiving unit "Receive using Bluetooth"

Sending unit of course can be a PC with BT capability.

Remember just because they are paired doesn't mean it will receive it automatically.

If sending from computer I find it eaier to connect via USB and drag and drop.....

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
KHURRAM123
My Device: 9100

i am using blackberry 9100. my problem is that when i enable the bluetooth form bluetooth option, it does not activate. The Sign of blue tooth also not appear on main screen. due to this my blue tooth is not working. please tel me the solution thanks

Please use plain text.
miltonrajaratne
My Device: Curve - 8520

I have the same problem too. I have a Curve 8520. It paires with other bluetooth devices (My Laptop, My other LG phone). But It cannot send or receive anytype of files. When I try to send a file from my LG phone, it says it cannot connect to the Blackberry. Same problem occurs in my Laptop. I'm looking forward for a answer from blackberry.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RandyOrton
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Yeah im getting same responce i have the blackberry curve 8520 trying bluetooth files from my old sony ericsson w850i phone all you get is failed, totally frustrateing yet solutions should be so easy!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RandyOrton
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

[ Edited ]

ugh soz

Please use plain text.
Slydog
My Device: Curve 8520

I had the same problem with my 8520. For some reason they dont recieve automatically so try this it worked for me. After you get the failed message launch the Media icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone,
Press in the menu key and choose Receive using Bluetooth, Attempt to send the file again from the device.
Please use plain text.
SONAM9
My Device: 9300

MY BLUETOOTH HAS A MESSAGE SAYING DISCONECTED YET IT PAIR AND STUFF

Please use plain text.