Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

derickhstn366
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Bluetooth peripheral device driver for 8520

Where can I find the bluetooth peripheral device driver for 8520?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Bluetooth peripheral device driver for 8520

Hi

I see that you have sent me a PM on this subject but it was similarly short and sweet. It would be helpful for you to expand fully on what you are are trying to do and why, and what you have already tried in order to resolve your problem.

I will not be responding to the PM, so that others can see and contribute to the thread.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
Rammonn
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

This also happened to me. I tried to pair my curve 8530 with a bluetooth adapter on my win7 64bit machine. but got a message saying it could not install the bluetooth peripheral driver. and now my bluetooth headset can no longer connect to my phone.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
niccaricardo
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: Globe

where do i get the "peripheral device driver" for my phone. My pc(windows 7) cant connect to my phone. i wanted to send files via bluetooth but it just cant connect using bluetooth. :smileysad: please help. 

Please use plain text.
andreruiz
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: tim

Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows Vista

Actually this is how I fixed this issue (thanks to Ghostie3599).

PREAMBLE: Bear in mind this is a Research In Motion issue, and not a Microsoft issue. The Blackberry software should have the appropriate .INF files that allow Windows to install the correct device drivers for all detected Bluetooth Peripherals.

1. Go to the Control Panel and choose the Device Manager applet
  2. You should see two items called Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with an yellow icon, meaning that they can't be"used" due to missing drivers.
  3. Right click the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device and choose Update Driver Software...
  4. When asked how do you want to search for the driver software, select the second option Browse My Computer for driver software
  5. When asked for what kind of hardware this is, select the option Ports (COM & LPT) and click Next
  6. At the Update Driver Software Dialog, click on the bottom option that is preceeded by a green arrow Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer
  7. In the next dialog, make sure the option Show compatible hardware is NOT SELECTED
  8. From the list of Manufacturers at the left,select RIM Virtual Serial Ports
  9. The list of Models at the right will drill down to RIM Virtual Serial Port.Select this model and click Next.
  10. You should get a confirmation that the driver was successfuly installed.

In my case, following these steps gave Windows vista the hint that the other Bluetooth Peripheral Device would work with the same driver. So after doing these steps for the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device, I got both devices working OK. However, if you still have the second Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with the yellow icon (i.e.: missing drivers), try repeating these steps to see if it works. If it doesn't, then the Bluetooth Peripheral Device might be something else (i.e.: not a virtual COM port).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

andre ruiz

Please use plain text.
Simon_Larkin
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Brilliant, thanks Andre, that worked for me.  Ever since my first Blackberry curve I have not managed to get the phone to communicate via bluetooth to my computer, now it's working fine.  Still have absolutely no idea what a virtual serial port is or what it it does, but who cares if it works!

The options appeared a little differently for me, perhaps because I am using Win7, so have adapted your instructions slightly for anyone-one else who wants to try.

1. Go to the Control Panel and choose the Device Manager applet
  2. You should see two items called Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with an yellow icon, meaning that they can't be"used" due to missing drivers.
  3. Right click the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device and choose Update Driver Software...
  4. When asked how do you want to search for the driver software, select the second option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  5. From the list of Manufacturers at the left,select RIM Virtual Serial Ports
  6. *The list of Models at the right will drill down to RIM Virtual Serial Port.Select this model and click Next.
  7. You should get a confirmation that the driver was successfuly installed.

*On step 6 when RIM Virtual Serial Ports was selected I was given 2 choices of model, I chose what was listed as being the most current which was RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 Version:2.2.0.3 [24/11/2008].  When I clicked on Next a message appeared warning me that updating this driver may stop the device from working but as it wasn't working anyway I ignored it (working on the assumption false or not that I could remove and install the device again).

I did have to repeat the procedure again for the second peripheral device.

Many thanks Andre

Please use plain text.
mycal
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digiceltt

Where  can I locate the Bluetooth peripheral divice driver for my Blackberry Curve 8520. I have tried downloading from various websites but cannot get it to work. Please help

Please use plain text.