Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Samie
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms, ph
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth problem

I'm not sure if this problem has been posted, I've checked the other topics but I can't find the answer to my problem. :smileyhappy:

I can't transfer or send any files from my Sony Ericsson phone to my BB using bluetooth. My BB pairs and says connected but when I try to send for example MP3 tones from my SE phone to my BB phone it's not working but when I send from my BB to my SE phone like contacts it works. I've been playing along with it for 2 days now, since I purchased it and I have never been successful. Help? :smileysad:

I'd really apprciate the help, and I'm excited about it.

Please redirect me to the correct topic page if this issue has been raised before. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steve_GPX
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G GSM v.5.0.0.794 - Indosat

Re: Bluetooth problem

Hello Sammy.

Welcome to the forum.

For the first time, I am also have the same problem but now I know how to solve this..

First step is to pair between your BB and SE.. There is a special way how to transfer media such as MP3 or Video from another device to BB.

Follow this step :
1. Pair your BB and SE
2. Choose music you like to transfer to your BB from your SE.
3. From your BB, open "Media" folder, press menu "BB logos" and you will see there is an option "Receive using bluetooth".
4. From your SE, send the music to your BB. When already connected, your BB shall receieve notification whether you want to accept or refuse the transfer.

I hope that information is useful. Let me know if you want to have further explaination.

Best regards
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samie

Steve,

thanks! I'll check it out.. I think I saw an option like receive from bluetooth when I was playing with my phone. Interesting. Thanks! I'll let you know if it works. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samie

try steve's suggestion. it really worked. :manwink:

Please use plain text.
Shazly
My Device: Curve3G 9300
My Carrier: Celcom

hi there..would to know if the community know why windows 7 64 bit can't find the driver when trying to connect via bluetooth?At least 4 drivers are missing.Thanks.

Please use plain text.
simon987789
My Device: Not Specified

It wont let me receive anything from people and its really annoying so can you tell me how to do it please tell me and explain what i means because what you last put made no sence

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samie

^^ hi there simon,

im sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with how to use bluetooth but the first advise I can give you is patience is the virtue.

Steve's instructions worked very well with my BB, before you can receive anything using bluetooth like MP3s, you have to pair your BB phone first to the other phone that has bluetooth capability..

Hope the instructions I added will help.

How to pair BB phone to other bluetooth capable phones:

1. Press the Blackberry logo button on your phone to pull up your Menu.

2. Go to "Manage Connections"

3. Select "set up bluetooth" and your phone will search for the other phone's bluetooth connection.

**note** the other bluetooth capable device/phone should be turned on at this point

4. Upon searching, select the name of the phone, it will prompt you to enter passcode.

**note** you can enter any number, as long as the passcode on the other device is the same number like what you entered.you can actually enter just 1 number. :smileywink:

5. When both phones are paired, then you follow Steve's instructions for recieving files using bluetooth.

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mujahido77
My Device: 9630

Re: CAN'T CHECK CREDIT BALANCE OR LOAD CREDIT ON n900

nokia n900 not checking balance pls can one help me in time

Please use plain text.
PipB
My Device: Not Specified

I am urgently trying to Bluetooth photos from my BB 9700 to my iPad. I have paired the devices but when I try and send it fails. On my iPad it says I am not connected although it has picked up the device and Bluetooth is on on my phone.

Please can someone help, it is becoming increasingly frustrating and I'm sure it is something simple.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
skchhoriya
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone - India

Dear All,

I have recently purchased blackberry Curve 8520.

I have received files via bluetooth from other devices 3-4 times and it worked perfectly. Today, suddenly, I was not able to receive files from other devices although i could send files to those devices.

I am aware of "Receive using Bluetooth" option appearing in "Media". I tried receiving files from cellphones of nokia, samsung and sony make, however, it did not work.

Below mentioned is one of the posts at this forum. My problem is exactly same:

"I can send files etc via BT from my BB to any make & model of mobile, but I cannot receive via BT from any make & model to my BB

2. They pair

3. On the other phone I will get Connecting, on my BB it will say 'Waiting for Connection' then the BT will be flashing but nothing else. Then after a short time it will pop up on the other mobile 'Connection Failed' Disconnecting, File Transfer failed

Can you only send files etc BB to BB and not BB to other make & model etc? Or is there something really simple I've forgotten to do? 

Pls help as it is very annoying...

Thanking you in anticipation.

Please use plain text.