12-31-2010 03:58 AM
I'm not sure if this problem has been posted, I've checked the other topics but I can't find the answer to my problem.
I can't transfer or send any files from my Sony Ericsson phone to my BB using bluetooth. My BB pairs and says connected but when I try to send for example MP3 tones from my SE phone to my BB phone it's not working but when I send from my BB to my SE phone like contacts it works. I've been playing along with it for 2 days now, since I purchased it and I have never been successful. Help?
I'd really apprciate the help, and I'm excited about it.
Please redirect me to the correct topic page if this issue has been raised before. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-31-2010 04:55 AM
01-27-2011 05:22 AM
^^ hi there simon,
im sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with how to use bluetooth but the first advise I can give you is patience is the virtue.
Steve's instructions worked very well with my BB, before you can receive anything using bluetooth like MP3s, you have to pair your BB phone first to the other phone that has bluetooth capability..
Hope the instructions I added will help.
How to pair BB phone to other bluetooth capable phones:
1. Press the Blackberry logo button on your phone to pull up your Menu.
2. Go to "Manage Connections"
3. Select "set up bluetooth" and your phone will search for the other phone's bluetooth connection.
**note** the other bluetooth capable device/phone should be turned on at this point
4. Upon searching, select the name of the phone, it will prompt you to enter passcode.
**note** you can enter any number, as long as the passcode on the other device is the same number like what you entered.you can actually enter just 1 number.
5. When both phones are paired, then you follow Steve's instructions for recieving files using bluetooth.
02-24-2011 10:58 AM
03-23-2011 01:19 PM
I have recently purchased blackberry Curve 8520.
I have received files via bluetooth from other devices 3-4 times and it worked perfectly. Today, suddenly, I was not able to receive files from other devices although i could send files to those devices.
I am aware of "Receive using Bluetooth" option appearing in "Media". I tried receiving files from cellphones of nokia, samsung and sony make, however, it did not work.
Below mentioned is one of the posts at this forum. My problem is exactly same:
"I can send files etc via BT from my BB to any make & model of mobile, but I cannot receive via BT from any make & model to my BB
2. They pair
3. On the other phone I will get Connecting, on my BB it will say 'Waiting for Connection' then the BT will be flashing but nothing else. Then after a short time it will pop up on the other mobile 'Connection Failed' Disconnecting, File Transfer failed
Can you only send files etc BB to BB and not BB to other make & model etc? Or is there something really simple I've forgotten to do?
Pls help as it is very annoying...
Thanking you in anticipation.