Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9860
My Carrier: Purchased off the self

I use a 9860 which I bought brand new from Amazon a few months ago. 2 weeks ago, it began to reflect that the battery was bad and after a while, it could not completely boot and therefore not come on. I then changed the battery and same issue still persists. An expert had a look at it and said it was a hardware/board problem and its best if i contact RIM. does anyone have another idea as this has not proved very helpful? I urgently need help please

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

If the device is defective, as it sounds like it is, then there isn't much recourse for you except to contact the Amazon seller. All device warranty goes through the wireless service providers who are authorized resellers of BlackBerry devices. You can contact RIM directly for support but it is a charge of $50 for each incident.
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!