Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
GADGET_GIL
My Device: Not Specified

CLICKING SOUND IN SPEAKER

K, I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM BUT I'M GETTING DESPARATE. ONE RANDOM NIGHT MY LOUDSPEAKER STOPPED WORKING AND MY SOFT SPEAKER STARTED CLICKING WHENEVER I WAS ON THE PHONE. MY CONVERSATIONS SOUND LIKE THIS: "I-, LI-, GR-, EG-, AN-, HA-" AND SO I COULDN'T USE MY PHONE. I REPLACED THE SOFT SPEAKER. NO LUCK. REPLACED THE LOUD SPEAKER. WEIRD LUCK. IT DIDN'T RING BUT IT PLAYED MUSIC VERY VERY SOFTLY. FINALLY I REPLACED THE ENTIRE HOUSING BECAUSE I FOUND I WAS MISSING SOME COPPER CONNECTORS. STILL NO LUCK. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IS IT A SOFTWARE ISSUE I'M NOT AWARE OF? HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: CLICKING SOUND IN SPEAKER

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Well it sounds like you have replaced all the hardware parts. Have you tried an OS upgrade?

And, by the way, typing in ALL CAPS is bad forum etiquette (aside from being hard to read and comprehend).

http://www.ehow.com/how_2106033_use-proper-forum-etiquette.html

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
spraly
My Device: Bold

Did you resolve this issue? Just started to happen on my bold.
Please use plain text.
andy7795
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I had a similar issue with my Bold. It is related to the headphone jack. After reading other posts about this same issue, I saw that people were wiggling the jack to get the noise to go away. I tried that, but it didn't work. So, I just kept plugging and unplugging my headphones into the jack constantly for about 2 to 3 minutes. After that, the clicking noise subsided.

Hope that this helps/works for you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
spraly
My Device: Bold

To resolve it, I had to make sure that the audio player was stopped before yanking out the earphones. Pulling them out while the playing music to take a call was causing my problem. Also I believe that the software updates resolves this. I think its a software bug, and not the plug.

Please use plain text.