Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ishan418arora
My Device: blackberry curve 9380
My Carrier: vodafone

COMPLAINT

Dear Sir,

COMPLAIN BLACKBERRY PHONE CURVE  9380,

IMEINO NO 359598040341091,PURCHASED ON 04-12-2012

I have to submit that the captioned phone was purchased by me on 04-12-2012 as a  birthday  gift to my son . My son was interested in some other brand. But I suggested him to purchase Blackberry as I was a regular user of Blackberry since so many years.

I regret to point out that the aforesaid phone is not working properly right from the first day. Firstly, it got problem in in May 2012 and got it repaired from Chandigarh and now again in October 2012 it acquired the same problem and I approached the service centre at Ville Parle Mumbai. The phone set was taken by them with as it was to be sent to their Head
Office. After 10 days when I approached the service centre and to my surprise I was told that the phone had a liquid problem as such nothing  could be done to the phone moreover the warranty on this phone has been withdrawn I was told to pay Rs 220/- to take my faulty phone back.

I regret to point out that the aforesaid phone has been  giving problem right from the beginning . Similar problem occurred in May 2012. I assure you Sir, my son takes care of his phone more than his life and has never contacted liquid. However, since we are living in Mumbai which is a coastal area ,it could have got moisture from the atmosphere. But if this be the case, you should have stopped selling your phones in Mumbai and all other coastal areas as the sensitive phones may get problem.

Any way leave aside the loss occurred to me, this has actually let me down in my son’s eyes as he was insisting to  buy Nokia or Samsung phone for him but only my possessiveness for blackberry, I purchased this phone for him . You are requested to do the needful to save the prestige of your   company and myself who is a staunch supporter of Blackberry.

Regrads

Anil Arora 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: COMPLAINT

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your formally required support channels...even if they may so far have not been helpful. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.