Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar MISSING after "WIPE HANDHELD"

I am having some issues with my BB.

Initially the problem was that the phone was showing new messages that were not actually present. So per BB recs and the provider recs, I tried:

1. taking out the battery and replacing it. (failed)

2. backing up the files, etc and restoring it (failed)

3. finally, wipe handheld. (successful).

Then one day when I was trying to schedule an event, I noticed my calendar was MISSING.

It was NOT hidden. I checked that first.

Then when I called, they told me to redownload the BB Device and Desktop Software and use the application loader on the Desktop manager to restore the default applications. (failed)

Then I called again, they tried "Reprovisioning" my phone, which also failed.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Calendar MISSING after "WIPE HANDHELD"

Calendar application is into the device os core applications and if it is not displayed - then I see only one solution - reinstall the device OS.

The simplest way - device OS upgrade. If version of your BB Desktop Manager less than 4.7 uninstall it.

Download and install the most recent version of Blackberry Desktop Manager

Connect your device to the computer.

Start Blackberry Desktop Manager. It will check the os upgrade avaiability and upgrade OS if the upgrade is available.

The more complex way - reinstall the system manually.

Check this link: Blackberry OS FAQ

There is information where to download device OS package.

Download and install device OS package for your device model from your wireless provider.

Use JL_Cmder utility to wipe your device memory, it is not wipe that you did. It totally cleans the device memory.

Run Blackberry Desktop Manager and install new device OS to your device.