Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
krisaclarke
My Device: CURVE 8330
Accepted Solution

Calendar Sync and deleting the "Unknown"

[ Edited ]

Here is another Sync problem...

I have a curve 8330 (OS 4.5, Bell will not allow me to upgrade to 5) and I was playing with BBM 5 and trying out the group options. I created a group; add something in the group calendar. The following day, when I went to sync (wired using Desk Manager 5.01) the phone to my work computer, the appointments in Outlook or on the phone did not move.  I am guessing that when I was playing with BBM it created a new calendar. Once I noticed that it was screwing up with my work appointments, I deleted the group.

I have read hundreds of posting and have tried just about everything to get the appointments to sync up.

When I went looking at the Service Book, I only have 1 CICAL; my email address. I have deleted it and tried to re-sync, the data only went from the computer to the device. So I undeleted it. Then any entry under my email address went to a Green color (unknown was still there).

If I go to the Calendar->options, it shows 2 calendars (1 is my email address in blue, the second it Unknown in red (it was purple, I changed it to red)).  So I have tried to “MOVE” while I was in OPTIONS, a window pops up stating that “Move all appointments in base system to Unknown. <Yes><No>” (my base calendar under default services is my email address). I did this once before and it moves everything to the Unknown. It does not fix the sync problem.

When I go to add an appointment to the calendar, I am unable to select the unknown account, just my email address it shown. This is the same when I go to DEFAULT SERVICES and look at “Calendar (CICAL), my email is listed and I do not have any options to select “Unknown” (I have clicked on my email address and it only shows the one option).

I have done the “RSET” as well and tried to “Wipe” the unknown Calendar. The data might be gone, but the Unknown calendar is still there.

I have gone back to last month’s backup and reinstalled the data (and settings) from this point in time.  The “Unknown” is still there. I created the BB group on the weekend, several weeks after the backup. I can go back several months if required. But I think once the unknown calendar is created, installing backed up data and settings will not over ride this

So as of right now here are the settings:

When I enter something in my Calendar, it files under my email address (I have no option to select Unknown). These appointments do not show on my main screen (or phone desktop or Today screen), only Unknown shows there. Any appointments created on my phone will still give me a reminder. But none of the entries (outlook, my email calendar or Unknown calendar) will sync up to the computer or phone.

I have installed BB Desktop Manager 6 and when I go to the Organizer and create my synchronization settings for Calendar and I click <Done>, it connects back to the phone and then upticks the Calendar box. So I cannot get BBDM to keep Calendar selected in the Sync options.

I think the whole problem would be fixed if I could somehow delete the “Unknown”.  The one thing I am thinking about is deleting BBM5 to see if it will take the calendar with it, but I think the damage is already done.

My company does not have BIS or exchange. So all updated dealing with the organizer comes from my computer via Desktop Manager. I do not have Facebook installed, but I do have Twitter.

And ideas??? Can I reset my phone to original factory settings (the phone is a CDMA, no sim card)? Is there a way to delete the “Unknown” calendar?

Help and thanks!

Kris 

I have since gone in and deleted my email address CICAL in the Service Book. Which put any entered appointments into the Device Default setting. Then I "Moved all the appointments from the base system calendar to the Unknown" Calendar. So now the appointments will show in the Today screen. But when I go to the Desktop Manager and reset the Organizer settings, the Calendar box will not stay ticked.

Somehow the Unknown is the "default" and cannot be touched. My next option will be to wipe the phone... not really looking forward to this.

HELP!

New Contributor
krisaclarke

Re: Calendar Sync and deleting the "Unknown"

I ended up wiping my phone and reloading.

I am staying away from the groups in BBM5!!!

Kris

distephens
My Device: Curve 8330

I am also having this problem and have tried multiple "fixes" nothing has worked so far. Has anyone found a fix?

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Yes... look up one post. Apparently that is one fix that worked!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
krisaclarke

WIPE THE PHONE. That is the only solution. I spent days searching and trying different things. If I would of wiped the phone, it would of been 2 hours instead of a week+.

My only other suggestion is when you go to reload all of the apps, after each app check the calendar to see if the setting has changed again. So if the problem comes back, you know where you have left off. I add this because in my searching for a solution, I have seen where Facebook has done something to some calendar settings.

Kris