Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Sync w/ Microsoft Outlook 2007 - Duplicating and Deleting

Details: 

Curve:  8330, Verizon 

BB OS = v4.5.0.77

PC OS = Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Outlook Version = Outlook 2007

BB DM = v5.0

Both advanced options are set to correct email address.

When I perform a sync (via USB cable), it is wanting to delete 218 entries from outlook (future and past)(some of which do already exist on my device) regardless if it set to device wins, outlook wins or add all conflicting.  Entries are set FOREVER.  I also have up to 3 identical entries on my device in some instances from previous sync.

Is it true you can't do a one sync and get both the device and outlook to contain the same inforamtion.  If in fact a 2 way sync is required, would someone PLEASE explain the steps!  I am so confused!  Would it make sense at all for it to delete 218 entries doing a sync one way and adding them back in a re-sync?

If there are other links or posts that would be helpful, please point me in the right direction!

Please help!

New Contributor

Re: Calendar Sync w/ Microsoft Outlook 2007 - Duplicating and Deleting

Got some clarification, I do need to do a 2-way sync because I have input information on both my device and outlook.

I'm afraid to accept the sync with it wanting to delete 218 entries form outlook!.  I really need to get all my appointments consolidated.

How do I get it to stop deleting?

I am having the same problem, only on the deleting side.  My configuration is 2-way sync, Outlook wins, save all history.  Some times it runs fine and only asks to confirm changes.  Other times, I wants to delete 534 appointments on Outlook
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Under Blackberry Technical Solution Center, I found "BlackBerry Desktop Manager wants to delete older calendar entries from Microsoft Outlook"  I followed the instructions to ensure that Keep Appointments on Blackberry is Forever.  It is still trying to delete Outlook appointments.  This is ridiculously frustrating as it will only allow me to enter calendar entries on Outlook because I have to choose a one-way sync from Outlook to Device if I want to keep all of my Outlook Calendar entries.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330m
My Carrier: Sprint

I am having a similar issue.  I go to sync my BB with Outlook 2007 and it wants to delete some appointments on my BB that I entered in new there.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which entries it picks - but there are usually at least 1 or 2 each time I try to sync.  I stopped syncing appointments because I cannot afford to lose anything I have entered.  I have it set up as 2 way and I couldn't find where I could tell it which device "won."  I did do the keep forever option as suggested in the same help that you read.  Did you ever get a resolution to the issue?

Thanks - Lisa