Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve9300

Calendar hotsync issue

Have two email accounts in Outlook that also send messages onto my phone. When I hotsync the calendar to my phone it's fine (going from personal folder onto phone) but when I make an appointment on my phone, at the top of the screen it gives me either email address but not the default option that links to the Calendar in Outlook so any appointments I put onto my phone don't hotsync. I can see a default option on the phone when i go into the Options screen but when making the appointment, the option is not available. Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Calendar hotsync issue

Hello suematthews and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing synchronization issues with your BlackBerry and Outlook.

First of all, you can change your Default Calendar that makes the entries by going to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services or Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services (depending on your software version on your BlackBerry Curve 9300 smartphone). Where you see Calendar [CICAL] you can change this to the desired email account.

Once you have the desired default Calendar set, backup your data using BlackBerry Desktop Software. Since you have more than one calendar list, you will need to merge them to transfer the appointments made with the wrong email to the one you sync with.

Follow the steps in KB19240 How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone. Again, it is essential you back up your data as this will change the Calendar on your device. 

Once the Calendars have been merged into the new default that you want to use, retry the sync. 

Let me know how you make out. 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve9300

Re: Calendar hotsync issue

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back - I have finally had time to sit down and do what you suggest today and have get it to work - thanks so much! Sue