Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
pinkdaisies
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320

Calendar item keeps moving

I have a recurring Monday evening event on my calendar.  On my blackberry, the event keeps getting moved to Sundays and I don't know why! I keep having to delete it and re enter it, and I've done so on my gmail calendar and the blackberry yet am still having problems.  Any ideas??

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch

Re: Calendar item keeps moving

Is your BlackBerry showing the correct date/time and timezone?  Click on Options then Date/Time to verify.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Also, what model BlackBerry, what carrier, and what version OS (Options --> About, 3rd line down says v4.????)?
Jerry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

The date and time are both correct.  I've got the BB Curve 8320. The version I have is v4.2.2.180(Platform 2.5.0.36)
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Good, at least it's not a Daylight Savings Time issue on the device!

Make sure the BlackBerry has the correct time zone set, and that it is the same as on your Computer, AND that you have all needed Daylight Savings Time patches applied to your computer's OS.

If you're using Desktop Manager, uncheck the option to sync the device's time - both manually and when the device connects.  Some older versions of DM are not Daylight Savings Time compliant either - specifically versions earlier than 4.2.

Jerry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

I don't use Desktop manager, haven't loaded it yet because it's not Vista compatible and I've been too lazy to go put it on my desktop which runs XP :smileyhappy:  I put a memory card in the phone last night and tried to schedule my recurring Monday night event again, both on my desktop calendar and on the BB. Still having the same problem..keeps moving to Sunday! Any other ideas?? I put in some additional recurring events on Monday mornings, Wednesday nights, and Saturday mornings and those events appear to be just fine. I'm completely baffled.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.