Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MichaelMindel
My Device: Blackbery Curve

Calendar items on CURVE don`t synch with Outlook on Desktop after password reset :

I  had to reset my password on my email account.  Afterwards, all my calendar entries (about 200) disappeared from my desktop Outlook when I synched with my curve - but remained in my blackberry.How can I get them?

Michael in Montreal

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunseeker
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar items on CURVE don`t synch with Outlook on Desktop after password reset :

I have the same problem. After installing a trial of Outlook 2007, then removing it, synching has been a problem. All my appointments synch to the Blackberry multiple times for each day, yet nothing appears in the Outlook Calendar. I've checked and rechecked the Desktop Manager settings. I've done everything I know how to do. All I want is my appointments to appear in both places.

Sunseeker

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichaelMindel

Re: Calendar items on CURVE don`t synch with Outlook on Desktop after password reset :

The problem for me was resolved.  I had to get technical help from Bell Mobility - my local blackberry service provider.  When I opened the calendar function on my blackberry - I saw there were THREE calendars - under general options :  and I needed only ONE calendar.  Using the service books - we were able to merge these calendars into ONE calendar.  We then backed up the blackberry and did a hard reset of the device - and then a restore. (The hard reset was to make sure there was nothing corrupted in the device). I now have ONE calendar on the device and ONE calendar in Outlook on my desktop computer - Problem resolved.  The 200 or so items that refused to synch onto my desktop are all there - along with all their notes.  Good luck.

Michael

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunseeker

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling Verizon. I had to do a phone upgrade which took forever. They told me all my info would be wiped, however, I was lucky and my pictures and such remained. The calendar synched with Outlook ok. Now I have one calendar on phone and the updated one on Outlook. Recently I've talked to others with other providers and they have had problems. The resolution was the phone software upgrade in each case. It must be Blackberry did a major upgrade and we are just now hearing about it via our problems?

Sincerely,

Diane

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichaelMindel

Thanks for your feedback - I didn't mention that I also upgraded the Blackberry desktop manager to the latest version and the download was huge and took 20 minutes or so.

The software version in my blackberry was the latest so I didn't have to do any upgrade there.

Did you have several calendars running in your device?

Michael

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunseeker

No, I only had one calendar running but it was duplicating on the phone 3 or more times and none in Outlook. Very frustrating. I too had to upgrade the Blackberry desktop software. It took a long time! The funny thing is every time I manuallyasked it to update it said I had the latest version. So lesson learned-we have to go directly to the Blackberry site or monitor the boards to get notice of updates.

Diane in sunny hot Florida

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichaelMindel

Thanks for you reply - I'm glad you are up and running - with all your data synching well.

Regards from your snowy neighbour from the north - where it is freezing!!! Michael

Please use plain text.