Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Tommy48
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Calendar not installed bb device v6.00

I had a similar problem and eventually discovered that the calender names were different. For some reason I seem to have calenders associated with email addresses.  I don't know why the system wants to do this or what the advantages are but anyway once the names were the same all worked well.

BlueMaxx
My Device: Storm 9530

Oultook Calendar not installed bb device v6.00

Blackberry Desktop Manager v6.0 will not sync Outlook Calendar. I have Verizon Wireless and I spoke with 4 techs over a total of 5 hours. All of the Techs said that they weren't trained on the update and didn't know how to fix it. They suggested calling Blackberry. Blackberry was aware of the problem, but insisted on a $49.95 fee to provide the solution. Both vendors should be fined for the havoc they created. They have cost all of us a lot of lost time from work trying to resolve an issue that should not have been an issue at all. My best advice is to report both vendors to the FCC as it seems they are forcing us to either upgrade our smartphones or spend money on support which should be otherwise free of charge.

New Contributor
krisaclarke
My Device: CURVE 8330

Re: Oultook Calendar not installed bb device v6.00

Guys...

have you looked at wiping the phone and starting from scratch??

I did it and have no issues now. Look at my other post and see if you have the same issue (with an unknown calendar as default).

I would say that either a app (Facebook or BBM5 groups) had changed the calendar and is causing the issues. Once you wiped the phone, try to sync it then, it should work. Then watch what you install on the phone. Any additions, check to see if it has screwed the calendar.

It only took me an hour to get back to where I was. Far less time than looking around these postings to find a solution (which most likley will be ... wiping the phone).

You can create a backup before you do this, and quickly restore most of the emails and other personal data. Once you have the phone back up and working (calendar syncing), create another backup (noting that it is a "Good" backup), so if the issue happens while you are loading Apps, then you have a good back up to come to.

It is my 2 Cents.

Kris

jsaltzman
My Device: Curve 8330

I must thank you too!!!  After days of pulling my hair out over this I wiped it clean and loaded without calendar.  Worked like a charm.  All I had to do was check calendar and sync.  THANKS!!!:smileysurprised:

babbeasa
My Device: Not Specified

The solution (if you are an Outlook user) to this problem is NOT as difficult and irritating as RIM is making it out to be.

Simple solution is to ensure that the e-mail address for your Outlook Calendar matches what is registered on your device, and that the "Default Calendar" e-mail address selected on your device is the same as the e-mail address for your Outlook Calendar.

On your phone, go to Options >Advanced Options >Default Services

Once there, be sure Calendar (CICAL) shows the address of your Outlook Calendar.

Then click Save.

Then go back to Desktop Manager, and see that the Calendar checkbox is unchecked, but that IT DOES NOT say "Not Installed."  Simply check the box, or to be sure, click Configuration so that you can reconfigure or reconfirm the settings that should already be saved.

I got this solution from another post by a Torch9800 user who had the same exact problem and did not have to wipe his/her device; the solution was simple as above; linked here.

Cheers!

New Contributor
krisaclarke
My Device: CURVE 8330

Thanks for the input, but the DM kept showing that the calendar was "not installed" and there was nothing you could do.

Plus the default calender was "Unknown" and when you did get the default calender, the "unknown" was "untouchable".

I still stand by my answer, if you have the same issue as me, then you need to wipe the phone and go from scratch!

Kris

ThaboP
My Device: Bold 9700

I tried everything that was suggeted here.  It looks like the only solution is indeed, to wipe (also see this link).

Must say that it is a very unsatisfactory solution - I don't want to wipe everything as I've spent some time to reconfigure my whole device after updating the Bb software (which i probably will never do again :-( ).  Speaking of updating.  THis problem was after I've updated my BB to ver 6.  I had to reconfigure all my settings and lost this calendar thing.

Also, not sure what personal apps will also be wiped, as my device did not give me all the options as was explained in the KB article.  Seems as if the KB article is still based on the previous Bb software version.

New Contributor
editmom
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 OS v6.0 Bundle 2333

Thanks all for the solutions -- especially thanks for the link above, ThaboP. I know just enough technology to be dangerous, so I need the step-by-step instructions! Like you, I'm not happy to have to do the wipe. The other workaround showed the calendar as installed, but when I went to sync, it wanted to add duplicates of all my Outlook calendar entries on my device. So I'm in the middle of trying the wipe to avoid the duplicates.

I have a BB Curve 3G 9330, 6.0 Bundle 2333, Verizon Wireless.

RockTiger666
My Device: Curve 9300

You are my hero!  That works perfectly. 

New Contributor
Lewispanteg
My Device: Bold 8700

A year later and this is still a problem. I just noticed though on another BB blog that as of 11/3/2011 this has become a 'development' issue. I love(d) my BB but ignore most updates as invariiably they result in problems. Foolishly 2 days ago I accepted a simple 'Apps' update which installed a complete new software version on my phone, requiring me to spend 30minutes to realign everything  and now having gone to do a calendar sync I find 'calendar (not installed)' on my desktop. Apparently I still have to do a complete wipe to reinstall the calendar even now - are BB that crazy that they still send out updates where long standing issues like this can still occur?  I am furious. And reluctant to follow any instructions from BB as they invariably go wrong and I don't want to risk losing my calendar or address book - as has happened in the past. I guess I'm going to have to work without calendar on my BB until I upgrade my hardware to soemthing different and more reliable. PS after all the issues we had last month still no news from my provider O2 as to any 'compensation' for all the problems we had here. Guess compensation is only given to people in North America. Oh well maybe I will look for a non-US machine next. Or try to.