Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Calendar (not installed)

I use a Blackberry Curve 8330 through Telus. I recently set up to use Microsoft Exchange Online. I went to resynchronize my calendar and address book with Blackberry Desktop Manager and the calendar will not synchronize or set up. It says Calendar (not installed). I've gone through all the Advanced settings and chose the calendar in Outlook that I want to synchronize and it still says "not installed". I've tried restoring settings and it restored everything but the Calendar. Any ideas what I can do?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Calendar (not installed)

Can you view your calendar on the device?  Is there a calendar icon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same problem. I have uninstalled and re-installed Desktop Manager, and gone through the setup for Calendar multiple times (including Advanced setup). It all looks like it is working until I click "Finish". But the line where you check the box to include Calendar in your backups is always greyed out and says that calendar is not installed.

One thing that may help is:

This is a reconditioned Blackberry. When I first got it, the email setup was locked into looking for an Exchange server (corporate setup). I had to reset some things on the Blackberry to get it to stop looking for a corporate server so I could synch it to my IMAP email.

I'm thinking that maybe there is some similar setup item that is blocking my Blackberry from being able to synch my calendar because of that, but I can't figure out where it might be.

I'm using Verizon as a carrier, the laptop that I'm synching to is a Dell Inspiron with Vista Home, and I do see the Calendar application on my Blackberry. It just won't let me include it in the synchronization list.

Help!  Thank you!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

First, you need to remove any IT Policy from the device that may have been installed when associated with the previous owner's BES:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14202

Then, as I asked the first poster, is there an icon for Calendar on the BlackBerry device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same issue ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista and installed V6 of the Blackberry Desktop. Since then I have uninstalled V6, reinstalled V5 but still no luck. Everything syncs properly except for the Calendar. This is bothering me so much that I am about to switch away from Blackberry. There is no support available and nothing can be done, except hoping that a member of this community may have an answer.

Highlighted
My Device: BB 8310
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

I solved it doing the following steps:

Go to service Book find and delete any mail with the text: "(CICAL)" 

then open Desktop Manager configure and syn your calendar with outlook

hope it helps

Mariano 

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

When you say service book, do you mean within Outlook or within my Blackberry??

Guru II

Service Books are on the BB device. Options >Advanced Options >Service Book
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8310

John_Clark wrote:

First, you need to remove any IT Policy from the device that may have been installed when associated with the previous owner's BES:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14202

Then, as I asked the first poster, is there an icon for Calendar on the BlackBerry device?

I joined this forum just so I could thank you! I have spent hours and hours trying to sync my 8310 to DM6. Reloading software, downgrading DM, wiping, resetting... and no matter what I tried or what BB told me to do... DM would not acknowledge Calendar, MemoPad, Tasks or Address Book for syncing. Each said not installed even though they were present on the phone and in the apps list. The above link proved to be the winner. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to John Clark!!

Guru II

You're very welcome.

Happy to help.