Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
smc25
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Calendar syncing problems

I was having no trouble for the longest time syncing my BB with Outlook. Several weeks ago I was no longer able to sync my calendar but was able to do contacts. I've read my forums and finally got it to at least sync (I had to delete the facebook calendar). But, the appointments, mostly reoccurring, seems to be on a different calendar than what is syncing now with outlook. I do not have my work email sent to my BB, just hotmail, so my work email and what is associated with outlook doesn't appear in my BB. But, before I started having trouble, that was fine. So, now what is happening is that I show two calendars, the device and "unknown." The unknown calendar is what is syncing now with outlook but I am having duplicate entries on some, mostly birthdays and conferences call that I set up in outlook to be reoccurring. And, my device calendar isn't syncing with Outlook. I'm somewhat of a rookie here so if someone can dumb down a possible solution for me, that would be great!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Calendar syncing problems

I had a similar prob and found that my device had 3 calendars on it, one associated with my standard email address that's been set up on the BB, the other is associated with my BB email address, and the last one was some "device" default calendar.  I had been syncing with Outlook 2007 and didn't realize I had all these insane calendars, some of which had redundant info.

I was able to merge all of the calendars into one by going into the Calendar, then pressing the Menu button > Options > type "MOVE" (without quotes).  A pop-up will appear, asking you if you'd like to merge all calendar data into the base calendar.  It should show you the email address associated with the base calendar when it asks this. 

If the base calendar isn't right, you will have to go through your service books (Options > Advanced Options > Service Book) and see how many emails are associated to the calendar (CICAL), deleting the ones you wish to remove once you've verified that the email you do want to use has already been set up on the BB.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Here's a link I found that better explains how to merge calendars and perhaps solve your syncing prob as well: 

http://www.port3101.org/featured-blackberry-kb-articles/1672-kb19240-how-merge-multiple-calendars-in...

Good luck!

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smc25
My Device: Curve

Thank you thank you thank you!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn

Did that solution work out for your device?  If so, please give me KUDOS (to the side of the post) and mark this issue as solved.  Thanks!

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
Please use plain text.
atr1918
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

what solved the original sync problem between Outlook calendar and the BB? I can't sync any events that were entered into my BB before I installed Outlook

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trabadat
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, Your reply to the sync issues looks great but for some reason it does not work for me.  Can you help please.  I am running Windows 7 and a Blackberry Bold 9000 which worked fine for a few months but now crashes when it gets to the Calendar sync.  Often it does not give a reason, it just stops, but I did manage to get one Error Code 0x80040ff8.  I have reloaded the software but still have the same problem. On the Bold I have tried accessing the Calendar > Options to type MOVE adn combine any extra calendars, but I do not seem to have the facility to enter text into the options (because its a 'Bold'?).  It seems like I have the same issue as was described by this contributor but I need a slightly different solution.  Could you try working your magic again please.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MsSandiB
My Device: Not Specified

Any other suggestions?  Still went through process and stopped in final phase...  same error code

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn

trabadat -

Are you still having issues?  Make a backup of your BB data real quick... Check your desktop calendar for any attendees listed on some of your events; sync has a problem with this and won't sync it to the BB.

Next, try locating a system folder (may be hidden) in your PC called Intellisync.  I have Vista so I'm not sure where it is on your Win7.  Mine was located here:

C:\Users\...\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Delete this folder, make a zipped copy if you're scared to lose it, and then launch your Desktop Manager & see if you can sync now.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aolmsted
My Device: Curve 8330

I can sync my 8330 to Entourage, connected via USB to Mac using v1.04 desktop. But calendar entries on the BB have 7 hours added. Both the BB and my Mac are set to the same Pacific time. Sounds like the time is being read in GMT although isn't Pacific now GMT-8?

Please use plain text.