Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tessel
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Call Log Problem- only lists missed calls

I have the curve 8900 with t-mobile and I am having the same exact problem as this user had:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8900&message.id=3200

My call log only lists missed calls (not dialed or received calls). It has been doing this for a few weeks now. I have received the error message "uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" on a few occasions as well.

I checked all available software updates and I am running the most current software.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks,

Mike

New Contributor
ryanmcw

Re: Call Log Problem- only lists missed calls

exact same for me. same phone, provider, missed calls only, and that error message occasionally.  the same week this started to happen, i put things in my calendar.  i have not deleted them yet, but think i might try to remedy.  did you do anything with your calendar?
New Contributor
tessel

I have not solved the problem yet.  I intend to call the service provider when I have time unless I can find the solution online.  I do not remember if it started happening when I began using the calendar but that is possible.  For now, I switched the "phone list view" under "general options" to "most recent" instead of "call log".  It is not as good because it does not provide the date and time of each call but it does include dialed, received and missed calls (instead of only missed calls).

One more thing that I noticed is that the "uncaught exception" error message shows up once every day at exactly 12:00AM.  Perhaps this is a clue as to what is going on here?

Have you had any luck resolving the problem?  

New Contributor
ryanmcw

yes, i've seen the other options for the phone list, but none of the other 3 give enough info.  the java uncaught exception error i believe is definately the key.  other people with different problems get the same error message.  this problem may have also started for me right after i allowed my browser to run java.  i had my phone a couple of weeks before i really tested out the web with it.  then it told me i needed to allow java to run in order to open a certain page.  get rid of JAVA?

New Contributor
tessel

I fixed it!  It only took about an hour on the phone with t-mobile, but we figured it out.   For me, the problem was likely some corrupt information in my call history.  I needed to delete all call history and then it was fine.  To do this, you must install the blackberry desktop manager on your computer if you have not already (either from the cd that came with the phone or from the website).  Open the desktop manager and connect the blackberry to the computer.  Select the backup and restore option.  Then select the advanced option.  On the right side of the screen there will be a list of all of the features on the phone.  Scroll down to phone call logs.  It will list how many records are contained within the phone.  All I had to do was delete all the phone call records and it was fixed.  Now my call log lists dialed, received and missed calls and I no longer get the error message.  I hope this helps you too!
New Contributor
ryanmcw

Thanks for doing the dirty work (tech support via phone).  On saturday I restored my phone to a date shortly b/f problem began.  I had already used the desktop manager to put music onto my phone and have backed it up twice.  I had been hesitant to restore, not wanting to loose recent info, but it kept all the info I had updated in my contacts and the log started working.  thanks for figuring it out and pinpointing the way to fix it.  back up your phone if you haven't!
New Contributor
kaoto
My Device: 9000 bold

thank you very much, i had the same problem with my bold now its fixed, but in my case i had additional problem, i couldn't clear phone logs, but fortunately for me i found solution for that problem as well

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-BlackBerry-9000/Cannot-Delete-1-Remaining-Pho...

pinkash2002
My Device: black berry curve 8900

Thank you so much. I was so confuse that only I have problem in my phone. But I read many people have same problem as the message comes and call log shows only missed call list. I will do as you said. Than let's see. Thank you. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
maheps
My Device: 8900 Curve

Thanks Bro,

It was very helpful to me. 

jishilk
My Device: Curve 8520

I did the same and it fixed my problem thanks a lot for the post.