Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

silvertint
My Device: Not Specified

Call Waiting Issue

BB 8330 (Bell Mobility)

When I am on a line, I get a beep signal to notify me of a 2nd call, I hit the flash button and the call is switched. The problem is here, when I want toogle between both callers I once again use the flash key but my call display does not toggle, it stays fixed on the 2nd caller, so I have no idea which line I am on anymore ??
I've contacted Bell tech support, and the agent actually knew of this problem, as he also has a 8330 and confirmed that it is a Blackberry issue not a network issue.
Any ideas ???
Thanks
Please use plain text.
tjfrye
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Call Waiting Issue

Wondering if there was ever a plan for resolution? Others experiencing the same issue?

I just transitioned from an 8300 (EDGE network - CBell), with the 4.5.052 software on a 2.3.x platform and had full call waiting features, with the ability to place a call from within a call, and transition between the two - while having the display also switch so that I knew who I was speaking with. I could also join the two at any time and after joining, choose which party to drop from the 3-way/conference call if I so chose.

Current device is an 8330m (CDMA - Sprint LP) with the 4.5.131 device install on a 3.4.025 platform and I'm now limited to a flash only button, no ability to specifically place a new call (just the flash button to create the second call socket), and then the display does just as suggested below, regardless of who I'm speaking with - it maintains the second call information, even after the second call has dropped.

Recommendations appreciated. (or perhaps a confirmation that the next release will resolve>??? (crossing fingers and hoping).

Thanks,
tf
Please use plain text.