Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
laqtboy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Call log and messages on 8310 curve randomly deleted

it says, "File Free - 22,908,636 Bytes". has anyone called Blackberry and paid $49.00
New Contributor
laqtboy

it did it again after wireless service provider asked me to reinstall new version of software. anyone has a better solution? file free 13 998 541 bytes.

Regular Contributor
mandograss
My Device: 8310 Curve

I have my outlook express set to delete all email that has a fwd. attachment. It keeps a ton of junk off your BB .

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Regular Contributor
mandograss

Call AT&T and get the Tech. to connect you to RIM. Theres no charge when you do it that way.. Tell the tech you been dealing with this with no fix.. (worked for me) RIM Tech will then solve your problem.

ttyl,Steve

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
New Contributor
aussiegal

thank you for this information. I will call att and have them connect me to RIM Tec to see if they can help.

I have had my bb 8310 for 3 months. The phone has always "dropped" or lost my e-mails. This occures several times a day, every day. Everything else works fine with the phone.

I have plenty of memory (I do not have photos, songs etc taking up memory).

I have read many online comments and have tried everything out there (battery out, purge, delete applications etc, etc).

I have made several visits into the ATT store where staff have "played" with the phone and said it was fixed, only to have the same problem keep occuring, day after day.

I have spent 6 hours on the phone with att tecnical support, finally they sent me a "reconditioned" bb 8310 this week to replace my "bad" phone that no one can fix.

Problem is now occuring on the "new/reconditioned" phone sent to me this week. Throughout the day, my bb deletes my e-mails for no reason. Sometimes I can watch the screen and see them delete before my very eyes. Again, everything else works OK. Although I have noticed when it deletes my e-mails, the message folder "hides" itself off the main screen.

Regular Contributor
mandograss

Does your Icon dissappear along  with all your messages? This happened to me when my phone was new and I had them give me a new phone in its place and the same thing happened to me the second time. I was running 4.2 OS, you might want to try upgrading to 4.5, it also has more cool features like video recorder, voice recorder and other stuff. But RIM will get you straightend out. ATT got their tecs that were left over from cingular I think but they are all cracker heads, they all have to read the book and after wasting hours of your time they will connect you with their supervisor and are trained to appoligize for your inconvience over and over....nuff said.. but good luck!

ttyl,Steve

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
New Contributor
aussiegal

I have 2 e-mail icons (blackberry with all messages going in, then second icon is for my personal e-mail set up to send to bb).  I sync with outllook on my desktop.It is my personal e-mail icon that goes away when it deletes messages. Messages however are deleted from both places.

Very frustrating as my husband has exact same phone purchased dec 07 and he does not have this problem.

Steve, have you had any problems after speaking with RIM?

Regular Contributor
mandograss

No I didn't it was totaly fixed. If RIM can't do it, it can't be done. I have upgraded to 4.5 since then but still no problems with the phone operation. I got an issue with the video and trying to get rid of the PTT app. but everything else is wonderful.. Hope you get it solved. Make sure you get the rep to connect you to RIM, because if you call yourself there is a hefty charge.

ttyl, Steve

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Regular Contributor
mandograss

I have 4GB on my phone, att is the carrier. I upgraded to 4.5OS which will take 8GB I hear but not sure yet. I have never had that problem. If this happens on all carriers I would think it is a memory issue. I recently learned that you have to manually close every app that you run or it will run in the background. This eats up memory.
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Mandograss,

Your phone can handle 8gb, any OS 4.3 and up can.

Just FYI

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter