Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
notam
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Call log problem

I have installed two Call Log apps.  They both record incoming calls, missed or answered, but neither one records the phone number of the caller.  I thought the problem was with the first app, but since both do the same thing it could be a phone issue.  Phone is Curve 9360 running OS 7.1.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Call log problem

Hello,

What does the native call log show? If it contains the accurate information, then the problem is the 3rd party apps.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
notam

Incoming caller numbers do not show in Messages call list.  I don't have a data plan, just voice and text; is that relevant?  Thanks,

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Not the Messages List...there is a configuration item to control if Call Log information displays within the Messages List, but doing so does not affect the function of the native Call Log (only whether or not it shows in the Messages List). Go into the Phone App itself and look at the call log.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
notam

Well, I go to Options >Device>Application Management>Phone. Then push the menu botton.  There is no call log in "Properties", and the only thing I can see that can be modified is "Edit Default Permissions" where the permission are currently all set to Custom, but could be changed to Allow. However, there is no Call Log as such that I can find. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yes...totally the wrong place. Go into the phone app itself...as if you are going to make a phone call. In there should be an icon to display your call logs (I think it's the middle on-screen icon at the top of the dial pad screen...but I don't have a 7.1 device handy to check for sure)...that is the native method to look at your call logs.

If that is populated correctly, then your 3rd party apps are the problem. If the native call log is not populated correctly, then something else is wrong.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
notam

I just have a number entry box, and to the right of that a contacts list icon.  Nothing else on top that I can scroll to.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...hang on...let me see if I've got a simulator that closely matches your BB and OS...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...yup...I see it now...this is likely what you see on yours (under the entry bar it might be different):

Capture.JPG

So, where mine says "* No Calls *", that would be the call log...if you have that as the default display. You control that by pressing the Logo_Blue.gif key and selecting Options > Call Logs and Lists...at which point this will show:

Capture.JPG

That "Initial View" will control what the section on the first screen shows (where mine shows "* No Calls *", that would be the call log, if my simulator had any entries). Try setting your Initial View to Call Log and see if that allows your log to display on that initial screen.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
notam

No dice. The top screen shot is what I have, and what I continue to have regardless of the settings in the second (bottom) screen shot.