Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Gordon_J
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Caller Display

Just got a new BlackBerry, so this is probably a stupid newbie question!

When I receive a call it shows just the phone number and not the name of the caller from my Address Book.

Conmtent protection is turned off.

What am I doing wrong??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Caller Display

Are your using Content Protection mode?

This may happen if you enable Content Protection with your Auto Key Lock feature. Go to Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Content Protection: Disable.

If the above is disables then use your SIM card in another handset and check whether you can view the caller name or not. Another thing is your address book contains the caller name and number?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gordon_J

Content Protection is disabled.

And the sim works in my old phone - shows the name.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gordon_J

Put the sim back in and it works now - weird!

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

First, make sure your SIM card has your FULL phone number including Country and Area Code.  If you're in the US, that should be an ELEVEN digit number starting with 1.  Go to Options --> SIM Card.  To edit the SIM Card's phone number, Click the Scroll Wheel or Menu button (button to the LEFT of the Trackball) and select Edit SIM Phone Number, and enter digits only.

Next, make sure your Country Code is set in the Phone App.  Click the Green [Call] button, then Click the Scroll Wheel or Menu button and select Options --> Smart Dialing.  Set the Country Code as needed.  Unless you need to dial the area code for your device's are code, enter your device's Area Code.  My device's area code is 646, but this is a New York City Area Code, and ALL NYC Area Codes need to dial the area code - even when dialing within the same area code, so my entry is blank.  Also make sure the National Number Length is set correctly.  This is the Area Code + Phone Number length (10 for the US).

Now, your Contact entries should have to have both the contacts country code and Area Code in the format +CountryCode (AreaCode) Phone-Number like this:

+1 (123) 123-4567

for the US.

Outlook can automatically format the numbers correctly if you have your Modem Dialing location set up.

This should fix your problem.

Jerry
Please use plain text.