Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Anson
My Device: Not Specified

Caller ID

My BB doesn't seem to always be able to identify the sender's name, even though their name is in my Address Book. It seems to be something to do with whether I have the International Dialling Code at the start of the number in my Address Book (being + 44 for the UK) but the BB doesn't seem to be able to hold this information for future calls that I may get from the same person. The problem with ID seems to apply to both phone calls and texts. Can somebody assist? Many thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
edjm
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Caller ID

I'm not sure about this, but reading a somewhat related BTSC article* -- perhaps if you enter the phone numbers in Address Book with "00" as the prefix rather than "+" the caller ID may work properly (00 44 xxx xxxx xxxx).

* http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15071

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anson

Many thanks, but I'm not sure that this is the answer. I will try it out, but if anybody else has any ideas in the meantime, please let me know. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashbury

This malfunction has nothing to do with smart dialing.

If your blackberry is keylocked and requires password, your address book will be protected under BB's blackberry content protection security measures. Go to Options, Security Options, General Settings, Content Protection Include Address Book. Change it to "No" and you'll be all set!
Please use plain text.
Developer
sg68

Sounds obvious but also make sure caller line id is enables via your network and on your phone.
Please use plain text.