07-19-2012 05:39 PM
You ought to transfer those names from your SIM card to your BlackBerry Address Book.
Article ID: KB03189 Import contacts from the SIM card to your contact list
There could be any one of four other solutions solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).
2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".
3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
OS5 devices: Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
OS6 devices: Homescreen > Options > Security > Encryption > UNcheck the box next to Encrypt.
4. Go to Options on your device > Security Options > Encryption > Include contacts set to "No"