Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
hoeffnerd
My Device: Not Specified

Camera and Video will not open

I get a screen message" Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"  I have a 4 GB card installed. have used the camera to take 5 pictures, saving them to the card. I have e-mailed one picture, and used one as my desktop background. My problem started random. I have removed the battery and tried restarting my phone, removed the card and restarted my phone. Neither of these has helped. Suggestions please.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Camera and Video will not open

hoeffnerd wrote:
I get a screen message" Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"  I have a 4 GB card installed. have used the camera to take 5 pictures, saving them to the card. I have e-mailed one picture, and used one as my desktop background. My problem started random. I have removed the battery and tried restarting my phone, removed the card and restarted my phone. Neither of these has helped. Suggestions please.
and... did you try to close the other applications as the Blackbery told you to ?
Most of the time, people just hide them but they are still opened and eat up the RAM of the Blackberry.

Please read here :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=4853&query.id=70734#M...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
hoeffnerd

yes, allother applications are closed
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Please go into options - status and send along the file free and file total munbers you have.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

hornetsdoc

Had the same problem.  Maybe my answer is late but here it goes..  I did a soft reset and camera started to work.  Alt, Right Shift, Del  did the trick.

diablesoule
My Device: Storm

This issue was introduced with the latest upgrade on the storm on the verizon network.  Previous to that upgrade it has never happened to me, so i believe it is a defect in the OS.  I also noticed that before the message occurs saying to close all applications that there appears to be some network traffic.

New Contributor
ndecon
My Device: BlackBerry 8300

Okay, I have the curve 8300, no problems over 2 years until this exact issue.  With AT&T, no corporate restrictions, OS v4.5.0.110, battery pull didn't work, soft boot didn't didn't work.  Other thoughts/solutions out there?

New Contributor
ndecon

To add to my 6/28@10:51 post... no other apps are open (I close them), and one added symptom: when I start the video cam app, it opens, then just closes without functioning.  Note that the video cam came with OS v4.5xxx.  As stated before, no other apps are open, and I've pulled the battery and done a soft reset as shown above.  Other solution suggestions are welcome, as I'm out of ideas...

tallcoyote
My Device: 8320 titanium

did you find a solution I have the same problem and have done all that was posted still will not work

New Contributor
ndecon

I did not ever find a solution that worked.  General consensus is that it's a hardware issue.  I traded for a spare unit with my IT department.  Best of luck finding an answer.  If you do, please let me know, as I still have access to the older unit.