Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Bluemonkey1965
My Carrier: vodaphone

Can I change the BBM PIN??

I purchased a Blackberry curve for my 15 yr old daughter through Vodaphone in the UK.  However my daughters smartphone developed a problem which repeatedly kept switching the phone off and losing the screen content etc. We took it back to the shop and they said this was a common software problem with Blackberry and arranged to exchange the handset for a reconditioned handset. This is where the problem starts:
The handset works fine but my daughter now continually gets inappropriate invites and messages on BBM from people she doesn't know. I assume the pin of the reconditioned phone was used before she had it in a group or network and now my daughter seems to keep being contacted by people she doesn't know and the people contacting her are using explicit and inappropriate language.
Can the BBM pin be changed so that she can resend the new BBM pin to her limited group of known contacts or is there something that can be done to stop this problem as it is really concerning me and upsetting my daughter.
I look forward to your support and response

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can I change the BBM PIN??

No, you can't change a device PIN, they are hardcoded to the device at the factory level.

Sorry.

Your best bet (I hate to say this) is the complain to Vodafone and get another exchange for a NEW device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Device PIN is provided and hard-coded by the manufacturer and it can't be changed.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Type the pin into a Google search and see where the PIN is posted. There are a few forums out there where people post these pins. Find the posts, sign up on the forum, and report the post and ask to have the pin removed.

If you find hits for the pin on www.blackberryforums.com, reach out to JSanders or me via private message here or there (we're both moderators there) and we'll be happy to take it down.

If you find too many hits to do that then JSander's recommendation of contacting Vodafone is probably the best bet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.