Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Butterwing
My Device: BB Curve 8330 Curve Smartphone
My Carrier: Sprint

Can I...?

Could someone help me with a technical question?  I have had my BB Curve 8330 for several years.  I have an EXCELLENT plan with my Sprint provider right now that includes additional members of my family.  Recently my puppy chewed my BB and now some of the buttons don't work--and it just plain looks bad.  I can get a free upgraded phone with Sprint, but I will have to change my plan, which means substantially more money a month.  What I would like to do, and need to know if it's possible, is purchase a used BB 8330 exactly like mine (possibly off eBay).  Can I transfer my SIM card to an identical phone, fire it up and go about business as usual? 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Can I...?

Hello Butterwing, 

Welcome to the forums. 

If you are going to purchase a second hand device you will want to make sure that this is a Sprint device otherwise it may not work on the network. Other than that it should be fine, I would contact Sprint to ensure this would allow you to keep your same plan. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.