If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ron14
My Device: Curve 9220

Can login with my Blacberry Id on my phone Curve 9220

I'm new to Blackberry, and have a problem that I would really appreciate some help with. I set up my Blackberry, and it's been working fine for a month or two. However, my work email periodically forces me to change the password for security reasons. Unfortunately, having done this I tried to do so on my Blackberry Curve, and it asks for my Blackberry ID.

I have a Blackberry ID. It works fine. I can log into my account on a PC, and use it to access Appworld. However, when I tried to do it on the phone, it didn't work. I checked the email, double checked the email, checked the password, double checked the password. All fine. Out of frustration, I went to "forget password" on the phone, thinking maybe if I reset it that would work. 

I got this message:

"Your request cannot be completed. Please ensure that your Blackberry ID has been activated and that you have typed the correct email address"

I am tearing my hair out here. I know my Blackberry ID. I am looking at it on my PC where I have logged in, yet my phone now thinks it doesn't exist? 

Any help on how to resolve this would really be appreciated. I only have two attempts left! 

Rony
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Can login with my Blacberry Id on my phone Curve 9220

If you exhaust all attempts, it will automatically run a Security Wipe and it will let you integrate the Blackberry ID you are trying to enter.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.