Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ChrisD31
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Can not receive email on my Blackberry Curve

Can someone from Blackberry help. I have a message to validate my email password, and when I do, it is shown as invalid. I have not changed my password. I have had a message from Blackberry saying a password reset has been sent to my phone but have never received one. My phone does not receive email at the moment as this feature is disabled
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can not receive email on my Blackberry Curve

Hello,

ChrisD31 wrote:
Can someone from Blackberry help.

Starting with that, please refer to the information posted at the top of every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

While sometimes BB folks do help, it should not be expected.

ChrisD31 wrote:
I have a message to validate my email password, and when I do, it is shown as invalid. I have not changed my password. I have had a message from Blackberry saying a password reset has been sent to my phone but have never received one. My phone does not receive email at the moment as this feature is disabled

For security reasons, all BB-generated password reset emails are not delivered to the BB itself. So, you must have separate (e.g., webmail) access to that email account in order to receive and process the password reset email.

However, if the email account is a hosted one (e.g., @bb or @carrier), then you'll be in a catch-22 since those email accounts are only accessible via the device and have no other interface available. But, there is a workaround:

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

Basically, you create a forwarding rule on the hosted email account, forwarding your email to an email address you can access otherwise (e.g., Gmail). Then, you re-initiate the password reset email, and receive it after it's forwarded, and process it so as to continue. After you are all done, be sure to remove the forwarding rule.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrisD31

I do have the same email address for my PC and would usually receive the same emails to both devices but not receiving the password reset on either
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so you are not using a hosted email account. Then please clarify your situation.

Originally, you described that you needed to re-validate your email account credentials -- these are stored inside of BIS. Then, you stated that BlackBerry sent you a message that a password reset email had been sent. These two events do not make sense. Since you do not have a hosted email account, there would be no reason for BlackBerry to send you such a password reset. So I am confused as to exactly what your situation is.

When you email account credentials need to be revalidated, you go into the email setup wizard and do that...but there is no BlackBerry password to reset for this sequence...only your email account, which is not hosted, therefore not BlackBerry.

Now, if you used a different method to access your BIS configuration, you may have needed to provide BIS credentials before being able to access your stored (inside of BIS) email account credentials. In this case, if you did not know your BIS credentials, then there would have been the ability to request a password reset of your BIS account. But BIS can be connected to any email account, not necessarily the one for which there are stored credentials inside of BIS. And it's that connected (to BIS) email account to which the password reset email would have been sent.

So, please clarify your situation...as from the information you've provided, things are conflicting with each other (BIS versus email account credentials and password resets), and I no longer know how to guide you.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrisD31

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrisD31

Seems the problem was with my email service provider, I think I have it sorted now. Thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome...I'm glad you got the confusion sorted out.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.