Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
betyou
My Device: Not Specified

Can't Receive e-mails

I am having a crazy issue with my BB.  A few days ago my wife's e-mail address was getting messages like 12 hours late and now it does not receive them at all on the BB.  She can send them but doesn't get them.  We have re-registered with BB and I even deleted the e-mail address from GoDaddy (who hosts it) and then re-registered that and still nothing.  We have tried on her BB as well as mine and e-mails still don't come in.  I added a new email address on GoDaddy and that one works fine so there is something wrong with her particular e-mail address.  Any ideas on what could have happened and how to correct it?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Can't Receive e-mails

is your wife using a hotmail account ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Xandrex, I am having the same problem except my emails are only 12 hours behind. And yes, I'm using hotmail! Does that mean you have a solution I hope!
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Let's try this:

The Mister has a Go Daddy account that works just fine, Mrs.. Can't get any emails at all. Try forwarding (tem) Mrs.. email to Mr. account and see if they come in normally. If they don't there is a Go Daddy account problem. If it doesn't we have a problem with the BB account. Delete Mrs.. Account on BB, go to Bis site and resend service books to Mrs..'s BB.

RE- Register device. Add the email address and see if there is a change.

Hotmail, If your read the threads on the board reargding Hotmail and the BB's it sounds pretty fickle. One user claims there was a policy change at Hotmail (probably because they want everybody on ms.live. Most have forwarded the Hotalil accounts to a gmail address.

Betyou, Please let me know if this works for you!

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-22-2008 07:38 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
betyou
My Device: Not Specified

Bifocals

If I have her e-mails forwarded, they do show up in the other account without a problem.  I then went in, deleted her primary e-mail, did the service books, and set the e-mail back up and still nothing.  I did notice something weird though which makes me believe the problem is on the BB end.  When I re-set up her e-mail address you know how you get that activation message in your inbox?  Well, I got the red asterik next to the icon that captures all of the messages but it never showed up next to the icon for the newly added e-mail address.  However,the message was in there.  I don't know what else to do.....any other e-mail address I create or add works fine.  It is just her address that won't set up on either of our BBs.  Is there a way that BB could just wipe out the history of that e-mail address or something and then we try and add it like it never existed before? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't Receive emails

[ Edited ]

Hi did you re-register before you set up the email address for your wife?

If you suspect that your wife's blackberry is suspect. Setup your account on your wife's BB and see if you get your mail in a timely fashion. If you do the fault would lie with hotmail.

After some research on this forum and the internet, it appears when you opened the hotmail account makes a difference as Microsoft is trying to convert the hotmail users to the new mslive id's.

I have attached the following link, in case you want to switch to live and not lose any contacts emails, etc.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/13/move-transfer-migrate-and-switch-from-msncom-or-hotmailcom-...

Please let me know what happens!

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-23-2008 04:12 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.