Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
caskcs1
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T but unlocked for T-mobile

Can't access Personal Email Set-up

I have a Curve 8310, it was with AT&T, but had it unlocked to use with T-Mobile. 

When I go through the Set-up Wizard, when I get to Email Set-up, it doesn't give me the option to set up personal email. It only has "Set-up work email through Blackberry Enterprise Service" OR "I want to skip email setup."

I have a data package with T-mobile and the Blackberry Internet package too, so not sure what's going on.

Please help!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't access Personal Email Set-up

Hello caskcs1 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry®  email set up.

You will need to contact your new mobile network provider to ensure your personal email account is provisioned.  It sounds like you are set up to use BlackBerry® Enterprise Server email and not personal email.

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geoffhnet
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi everyone

I also have the same problem with my NEW Curve 9360. In the set up wizzard for email accounts it only shows Enterprise Account and nothing else about setting up your personal email accounts. I spoke with T-Mobile Technical Department and they said the problem was with my PIN not being recognised on the Blackberry server,so they are sending me another new 9360.

Im quite sure that wont solve the problem ,so i'm thinking it's a technical problem with the CURVE model not registering the PIN.

I hope this info gives you another insight into another person with the same problem.

Regards

Geoffhnet

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geoffhnet

I forgot to add the following:

In " the host routing table". I click REGISTER NOW and it is SENT,but no message appears in the Message folder.

I know it's all to do with the same problem,but it wont register with my wireless company.

Geoffhnet

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geoffhnet

I received my second NEW 9360 today and problem solved.

Go to SETUP WIZZARD then EMAIL ACCOUNTS. You will see 2 OPTIONS! Option 1 SETUP PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT. Option 2 SETUP ENTERPRISE ACCOUNTS.

If you DON'T see SETUP PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNTS as an OPTION,then there is a problem with your handset!

What you would do then, i don't know,but i was going to re-install my OS if my second handset did not work.

Love the 9360 now it's working ok.

Geoffhnet

Please use plain text.
caseyesnow
My Carrier: Singtel

Hi there,

After encountering a unresolvable cursor problem with my previous one month-old 9360, I have gotten a NEW one and updated it to the 7.1 software via the BB desktop software when it came bricked with a "JVM Error 517" message (thought it would help).

Since then, my phone's up! But I am unable to access the Email Setup at all! My registered email accounts seem to be working fine (I got the community mailer's verify account email), but I can't seem to enter the setup menu when I try to select the icon. This would mean that I'm unable to add new accounts when I need to.

Any idea how I can resolve this? By the way, I am actually a BB user from Singapore, and my service provider's Singtel.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
a6p7
My Device: blackberry curve 8310

BB is a real drag and losing business because of recurrent mismatches between SETUP WIZARD configuration videos and instructions and REAL phone setup configurations.   BB tries  to PATCH these problems  via time-consuming Forum bla bla bla rather than FIXING those issues from the start.    I too have had these same problems (as well as desktop management configuration problems and media non-recognition problems) over the past 2 years.  As I read the various threads on "cannot setup personal email..." I see a multitude of inconsistent and irrelevant and even wrong advice :  in some cases, one is pointed to fixing that by contacting tel. service providers to ensure data service set up, but in some cases it still does not work;  in other cases, one is told something is wrong not with the provider but with the BB unit in question; a couple of cases at least SUGGEST THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM INDEED WITH THE UNITS since the problem was solved when the units were replaced by BB.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping BB altogether.

a6p7

Please use plain text.