Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MisterMeddle
My Device: Curve 8530

Can't access apps when connected with Linksys on 8500

My phone successfully connected to my Linksys router and my browser is working due to the hotspot option.  However I'm unable to access the internet with any of my other apps.  The three key apps I'd like to connect to are Windows Live Messenger, AOL Messenger and my e-mail (Hotmail).  thanks.

New Contributor
MisterMeddle

Re: Can't access apps when connected with Linksys on 8500

Anyone?

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Do you have a blackberry data plan active on your account as opposed to a generic carrier data plan? You need a blackberry data plan in order to use these apps on your blackberry. 

New Contributor
MisterMeddle

No I don't have a data plan.  There isn't any way I could connect specific apps to my internet like I did to the browser? 

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

New Contributor
MisterMeddle

It also states I may only access the internet with a data plan, which is anything but accurate since I do have internet access on it through my Linksys router. 

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

In order to use these majority of data functions on your phone you will need a blackberry data plan. I believe currently you only have access to the browser using the hospital setting which is working as designed. 

So, if you wish to use the various apps then you need to call your carrier and see what blackberry data plans they offer.