Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: MetroPCS

Can't add Contacts to BBM even if I have their PINS

I have a BB Curve 8530 on MetroPCS network and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to addd contacts once I get their pins. I kinda thought that I would be able to add them from the Contact List so I added their PIN to the contact info and still cannot figure out how or what if anything I am doing wrong!

BrianBeety

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't add Contacts to BBM even if I have their PINS

Hello BrianBeety,

When you are in BBM, go to Menu>Invite a Contact. On the next sreen, you want to select the option to Add by PIN or Email.

You can do one of two things: enter the contacts PIN and click on the PIN in the drop down, or type their name as entered in your Address Book and it should ask to select the PIN.

If the requests remain in a pending state, you might want to reach out to your mobile network carrier to ensure your BlackBerry data plan covers BBM usage.

Let me know how you make out :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: MetroPCS

Still no go I tried like you said, I have an unlimited blackberry data plan and I cant send messages to contacts I already have oh by the way that is new! And I still cant figure out how to add. I clicked invite contact, the the only logical option is invite using pin, then it gets set into a pending thing at the bottom of the screen! That is it! I am stuck in limbo. HELP! lol

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If the contacts you intend to invite send you an invitation instead, do you get this invitation?

Does the pending show for all the contacts you have invited? Are these contacts currently using BBM?

If you could send me a private message with your BlackBerry PIN, I can check into some things and ensure your BlackBerry has the right provioning needed for this.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry 9520
My Carrier: celcom

[ Edited ]

I clicked invite contact, the the only logical option is invite using pin, then it gets set into a pending thing at the bottom of the screen...really stress!  help me....tq

kind regards

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Celcom

[ Edited ]

me too have same problem as him... i have bbm plan usage.. i invite friends by sent their pin number.. but they didnt receive anything.. same as me.. when they sent their invitation to me.. i didnt receive anything.. i just got pending (waiting for authorization).. i went to wiriless network didnt work it out.. i used blackberry prepaid plan also didnt work.. why its happening to me.. please help me..

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: a

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem too. help please.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: orange

[ Edited ]

I have the very same problem and I don't. Know if anyone have sent me an invitation so pls try to send me one so I know if I can. Receive it here is my **removed**

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: airtel

Me 2 same experiencing same problem not able to invite anroid and iphone bbm user and when they send invitation n when I accept it it goes in pending(waiting for authorisation)
My Device: Android device
My Carrier: Vivo - Brazil

Same here. It seems like RIM doesn't give a **bleep** for us...