Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Melly
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't attach picture to email message

If I start an email and then go to attach file and menu out to the camera, it won't allow me to select the photo (it will open it but no option to attach or go back to the email).   It worked perfectly on my old Pearl.  The only way I can email a photo on the 8900 is to go to the camera first and menu email.  Am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arjey

Re: Can't attach picture to email message

Hi Melly,

Are you connected to a BES server?

Try a battery pull for now (turn off the device, pull out the battery and leave it out for 15 seconds, re-assemble device and turn it back on).

Steps to attach a file to an email:

When your creating an email message, in the body of the email press Menu, scroll to Attach File and select, browse to the image and press select.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arjey

Please use plain text.
mc777

I'm having the same problem.  I tried doing a battery pull-out and that didn't fix the problem.  I am connected to a BES server.  This is what happens:

- I start an email

- Go the menu

- Select Attach File

- Choose Device Memory

- Choose Home

- Choose User

- Choose Pictures

...and then the weird thing is that the next option is to open the camera - not a list of picture files.  

The only way I can send an email with a picture right now is to start with the picture open and then select "send as email."  This is a pain because I don't always know that I am going to attach a picture when I start an email.  Also, I can attach a picture when replying to an email.  

As Melly said, this worked perfectly on my Pearl.  I just got the Curve last weekend and can't figure out how to do it on this phone.  

Any suggestions??  Should I take the phone back?

Please use plain text.
Melly

Hey, I figured it out.  Sorry, I should've posted earlier to close the issue.

From email, select Attach file, then select Media Card (not Device memory - that's where I was messing up)

so:

Attach File/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/IMG

Best of luck!

Melly

Please use plain text.
mc777

That worked!  Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jienahuf

I have the new 9800 torch and it doesn't even have the option to send a photo. If I'm in a text I can hit attach then photo highlight it then go to menu screen and nothing. No option to send. What do I need to do to send a photo?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

jienahuf wrote:
I have the new 9800 torch and it doesn't even have the option to send a photo. If I'm in a text I can hit attach then photo highlight it then go to menu screen and nothing. No option to send. What do I need to do to send a photo?

I wasn't aware that there was a native facility to send picture texts, they are called MMS. However there is an app that might do what you want but not I make no recommendation.

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/5986/wext---the-new-sms-text-for-blackberry-9800-torch/

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jienahuf

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the site but u have to pay to use it after 150 texts. The problem is I can attach photos from my media card but not any that r stored on the phone device. Best solution would b for it to always store on media card for all pictures taken but can't find an option on the phone to allow me to change the storage device.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Locate the piccy you want to move and select it then Menu > Move

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jienahuf

Doesn't give me that option. Let's me select then either copy paste or move to folder. If I copy then try and paste into text it doesn't give me that option
Please use plain text.