Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ebotelho
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
Accepted Solution

Can't click links in browser on curve 8530

[ Edited ]

So I've had my phone for about a month now. When I first got it, I could browse the internet just fine. But slowly, over the past few weeks, I've suddenly not been able to click links on any webpages. I can type things in, like in a Google search, but then can't click the search button and nothing happens when I press the enter button on my keyboard either. I know this isn't specific to certain websites because it's happening on sites that worked fine before. I've tried changing my browser, none of them worked. Help!

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Can't click links in broswer on curve 8530

When you say changing your browser what do you mean by that?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
ebotelho

Re: Can't click links in browser on curve 8530

I tried changing it to Firefox and Internet Explorer. I had been on the Blackberry browser.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Oh that you can leave on BlackBerry Browser.

If you're in the browser go into Options | General Properties can you set the default browser to Internet Browser?

Also try to reset the device by removing the battery for 15 seconds and replacing it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
ebotelho

Taking the battery out did it, thank you!

New Contributor
BeboHeart
My Device: 9790

i found a way to fix that, you can remove the battery without switching off the phone and place it again. it works for me