Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Hlr742
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to Internet/ Locked screen message

HI!!

I have  2 questions that I hope someone can answer.

#1) I have a brand new Unlocked Curve 9300 OS5, checked with my cell phone carrier to make sure that all was compatible before I bought it. My cell phone carrier is Consumer Cellular and their internet settings etc., is the same as AT&T, however I am unable to connect to the internet. The phone I bought was a phone that was set up to use with AT&T. My carrier tells me that the Blackberry phones are the only phones that they have not been able to get to connect to the internet, all other cell phones they have had no problem with, nice huh???  I don't understand why Blackberry phones, even the ones that are geared for AT&T won't connect with the internet through Consumer Cellular, even using the same codes or what have you as AT&T would, or so I am told. Can someone, anyone help me figure this out or put me in touch with someone who can, I would think that Blackberry would like to learn of this so that the issue can be fixed, I know of several people that would have liked to have bought Blackberry phones but decided not to after hearing about my situation.

#2) Locked screen message. I have watched the video and followed directions, did it several times to make sure I was not missing anything and I still cannot get the locked screen message to change from factory set message to my message. Any thoughts on this problem???

Thanking all in advance for your time and assistance.

Heidi

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Can't connect to Internet/ Locked screen message

#1) In order to connect to the Internet with a BlackBerry device you MUST have a specific BlackBerry data plan. Without that you won't get any data services, aside from a few wifi services, on a BlackBerry Smartphone.

#2) Are you sure the device is "brand new"? What is the message showing up on the Locked Screen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hlr742

HI!!

Yes, I am sure that the phone is new, it was purchased from a very reliable company, not off ebay or any place like that.

The message on the locked screen states "Keypad is locked. Press the mute button to unlock."

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That message is for keypad lock and can't be changed. You have to lock the device with a password in order to see the custom locked screen message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hlr742

[ Edited ]

*******DISREGARD PLEASE******* I FOUND THE ANSWER*******THANK YOU!!!

HI!!!

Thank you so very much for all your help and assistance in helping this newby.

I have one more question, in order to get a Blackberry data plan, I know I can do that on the phone, I think, do I find that in the app world ??

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Contact your wireless provider.

Good luck!
Please use plain text.