Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jmpeter2
My Device: Curve 9360

Can't delete emails and getting error message 30702

I am having two issues on my blackberry curve......I have three e-mails of my phone that I cannot delete....they are from my google account and have tried a hard reset several times and have made sure they are deleted from my actual gmail account with no luck.  The other issue is I cannot download apps on my blackberry keep getting error message 30702 saying I need to log in to my account but unable to log into this account!  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't delete emails and getting error message 30702

jmpeter2 wrote:

..I have three e-mails of my phone that I cannot delete....they are from my google account and have tried a hard reset several times and have made sure they are deleted from my actual gmail account with no luck. 

Tips for clearing that unread message... try them in order.

If you have a rogue New Message icon on your Home screen, or a negative count (-1), any one of these solutions could clear it, or reset it to zero:

Try these options:
* Open your main Messages folder and highlight today's date, click the menu key and select Mark Prior Opened.
* Hard Reset the BlackBerry by holding ALT, CAP (right Shift key), and DEL (or with the BlackBerry powered ON, remove the battery and reinserting the battery)
* View Messages > Saved Messages
* View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc)
* Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN
* Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.)
* Connect to Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right-hand pane is the list of data on your device. Scroll to the email messages database and highlight it, then below, select CLEAR. This will clear your device of all messages.
* Wipe and reload your OS.

jmpeter2 wrote:

The other issue is I cannot download apps on my blackberry keep getting error message 30702 saying I need to log in to my account but unable to log into this account!  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Read this:  Article ID: KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jmpeter2
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Can't delete emails and getting error message 30702

This did not help!  There is only mark prior read and I can't figure out how to get to desktop manager